Dres Awareness, Show Your Support! (still not-dead :))

• 2 weeks later...

Prepare to update my submission, because i'm going to finish a "Dres And Back, AND DRES AGAIN AND BACK AGAIN" (still trying to safely aerocapture, second launch should be easy) if i finish, that rocket i used will be the largest working rocket i created, in fact...will be the largest (or second largest only to that 1664 Kerman SSTO) craft in this thread (it has over 10000 tons).

Edited by GRS

This seems interesting, I think i will send a large mothership/station with miners, rovers, kerbals and lots of relay sattelites. It will be fun. The mods i have are Principia, OPM, Near Future pack, KER and a few "looking good" mods. Other than that i have re-arranged the outer planets a bit and moved them closer in as principia dont like high warp and i am impatient… The only impact that it has here is that Dres is in orbit around Urlum and that is where Dres used to be, so it is abit like i have moved Urlum to Dres. More friends to play with yay:D. I hope that this rearrangement is within acceptable rules.

I will post more later when i have more progress done, but until then:

Spoiler

Sneak peek:

xlfK7Qu.jpg

Inspect the mass of this one. :cool: This is only the first part as well

5 hours ago, Eriksonn said:

This seems interesting, I think i will send a large mothership/station with miners, rovers, kerbals and lots of relay sattelites. It will be fun. The mods i have are Principia, OPM, Near Future pack, KER and a few "looking good" mods. Other than that i have re-arranged the outer planets a bit and moved them closer in as principia dont like high warp and i am impatient… The only impact that it has here is that Dres is in orbit around Urlum and that is where Dres used to be, so it is abit like i have moved Urlum to Dres. More friends to play with yay:D. I hope that this rearrangement is within acceptable rules.

I will post more later when i have more progress done, but until then:

Reveal hidden contents

Sneak peek:

xlfK7Qu.jpg

Inspect the mass of this one. :cool: This is only the first part as well

Seems promising.. :)

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 3:26 AM, GRS said:

@SpaceplaneAddict

Album here.

Craft here.

This is also my attempt to beat my own Challenge, very likely to be the largest single launch vessel here.

Entry updated. A double trip, pretty neat mate :)

Progress update: I have assembeled the entire station/mohtership in lko(The "core" was so long that it poked thruogh the ceiling of the vab, never had that happen before:confused:), and am preparing to stop by minmus to test out the equipment a little before heading out to Dres. But as it is 570 parts and way bigger than anithing i have ever flown, it has really started to lag alot and i am not sure as how to fix that... Help is needed on that part.:( Anyway, the modules i have are: a medium rover with mining capability that can land and take off by itself, a crew module intended for landing and doing science(even though i am on sandbox, just for "realism") with a tiny rover at the bottom for random tris to who-knows-where, a cluster of 12 small relay sattelites for maximum connection(might put some around other moons rather than dres as well to prevent crowding...), a scanning sattelite for doing ore surveys and a Heavy mining rig for re-supplying the main ship with fuel. I still have a few docking ports left so you can still tell me if i am missing anything. ;)

EpZZMxQ.jpg

Edited by Eriksonn

Here's Discopollo, where I'm going to Dres for my last mision in Kerpollo. But, you can't just "go" to Dres, you must bring some fun! (and mood lighting)

spL2DLn.jpg

Album: https://imgur.com/a/Pf75WT8

Video: The party starts at 00:04:56

Spoiler

EDIT: Oh, yeah. Mods. No parts or physics just KER, KAC, Precise, BetterTimeWarp and All Y'All

Edited by dvader
Added mods

12 minutes ago, KingDominoIII said:

Just obtained music! Now just have to add shoddy subtitles to my badly edited video. Anyone know a program which can be used to do that?

Movie Maker ?

9 hours ago, KingDominoIII said:

Just obtained music! Now just have to add shoddy subtitles to my badly edited video. Anyone know a program which can be used to do that?

I just researched that and found Gaupol which is simple, textbased and can "insert subtitles at current position" with a hotkey. But, it is for Linux so it may not suite you. While googling, I also found http://www.aegisub.org/ which supports advanced subs and seems popular among fansubbers. It hasn't been updated since 2014 and I haven't tried it but that was my next option if Gaupol hadn't played out.

Your video editing program should then be able to add the subtitles to the video.

Hi, you might remember my Dres station which I posted here last year. Could everybody please just ignore that? I lost the save which that was on, plus it was quite disappointing. I'll be doing imgur albums for this challenge from now on as making videos is too much work when it comes to a Dres mission. I'll try setting up some comms first, then go from there.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 1:58 AM, dvader said:

snipped

YAh tha's hot, that's real hot! I love (I'm gonna call it a carnival) carnivals! Especially on Dres!

Congrats to @dvader for completing the Dres Awareness challenge by sending a party, literally, of science to and back from Dres!

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:33 PM, XeNoCaTZ said:

snipped

Simple concept, simply beautiful.

Congrats to @XeNoCaTZ for completing the Dres Awareness challenge by wrapping Dres in comms. satellites!

Board to be updated soon. Sidenote: I haven't been very actively lately, as can be seen, so I do apologize for anyone with pending entries. I'll try and come on more often, but I can't say for sure about anything currently. 

:)

I got back into ksp after a small break and decided to continue this dres "challenge".

Kerbin ejection in progress:

vsDtQyn.jpg

I litterally needed almost all of that information as I needed to balance a bunch of things: Reactor Power output, Reactor heat, Thrust, Capacitors, Timing of the burn, Timing so that i would have power thrugh the whole burn. Fixing my orientation as my COM and COT was not inline, and a few other things… Luckely i have all these nice numbers to look at :D Also I had to make a total of 3 burns with 2,5 and 8 minutes respectivly. The first burn was abit of a fail as i ran out of power so i had to disable my 4 smaller thrusters and then my timing got messed up.

Edited by Eriksonn

On 2/22/2019 at 2:35 AM, SpaceplaneAddict said:

YAh tha's hot, that's real hot! I love (I'm gonna call it a carnival) carnivals! Especially on Dres!

Congrats to @dvader for completing the Dres Awareness challenge by sending a party, literally, of science to and back from Dres!

Simple concept, simply beautiful.

Congrats to @XeNoCaTZ for completing the Dres Awareness challenge by wrapping Dres in comms. satellites!

Board to be updated soon. Sidenote: I haven't been very actively lately, as can be seen, so I do apologize for anyone with pending entries. I'll try and come on more often, but I can't say for sure about anything currently. 

:)

Thank you a lot !

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.