SpaceplaneAddict

Dres Awareness, Show Your Support! ( Still alive, with a slight twist!)

All right, time to add to the numerous new challenges popping up.

The premise of the challenge is simple. Show your support for our loneliest planet, Dres!This is a challenge to perform a megamission to make Dres feel happy, so be creative on how you want to do it! I myself will be doing a circumnavigation of Dres by land later, so yeah. If your mission uses Dresteroids, the mission must directly relate to Dres in one way/shape/form. If this is a bit vague, notify me, and I'll put in some baseline examples.

We at DresAwarenessLTD are here to emphasize large-scale missions to our lonely friend, Dres! A simple Land-Return mission is not enough to us, go further, and beyond!  Not just Dres now, no. While Dres forever remains our Number 1, I have decided to include Eeloo and Moho on our planetary awareness list! That's about it. Carry on.

And a note: Sanic has agreed to be my helper when I'm away, so if he's online and I'm not, Sanic will basically asume role of challenge overseer. Just to clarify. Thanks, -SPAddict.

Suggestions, which by no means you need to follow to complete this:

Orbit:

Not just one satalite, have a full NETWORK

Have a space-station, big enough to be classified as BIG (unless you have a bad laptop like me)

Surface:

Rover? No, MANY rovers

Lander? Ok, lot's O' Kerbals!

Mining ops? Ok, LOT's!

Base? Ok, make it BIG!

Rules:

-Please, no f12 or Hyperedit

-Wheaton's Law :D

-Try keeping it stock, tell me about a fun mod that doesn't ruin the challenge, and I will look into it 

Rules Regarding Proof:

-Mission Report threads are fine, I encourage this too!

-Screenshots, if used, should document at minimum, all iportant burns, manuevers, etc.

-Videos are welcome!

- Screenshots must show UI at all important events, beauty shots are exempt however. Please be sure to keep the UI visible if it is not a beauty shot

Mods Allowed:

Mods will now be handled on a case by case basis. To be blunt, all legitimate mods are allowed. That means, this is essentially a rule saying "Do not cheat by proxy of a mod"  

Ask for mods you find that are "on the fence"

Completion badge made by an awesome friend, UkFbV35.png?2

Dres Supporters! Successful entries will be mentioned here:

-RocketPropelledGiraffe, One mission, and we see a craft of pure love :D Album: http://imgur.com/a/nUikV

-Claw, the first to circumnavigate (by rover) Dres! 'Gratz, I'll be doing that later as part of a secret megamission!

-627, for giving Dres a classroom of friends (literally)

-5thHorseman, for turning one of the Dresteroids into an honest to goodness rover, driving a whopping 900 metres! 

- Goijra1000, for a GIGANTIC mobile orbital colony with 24/7 party dedicated to Dres

-Jakalth, with three orbital tugs and an extreme Sat network, ending in with a major blow to the save, courtesy the Kraken

-DoctorDavinci, for two seperate satalite networks, 80 kerbals landed, two motherships, over 40 probe landers, and a flag in each crater

- DMSP, for sending a nuclear powered orbiter then tumbling it down the Dres Canyon.

-Nightingale, for modding in the name of Dres!

-EvermoreAlpaca- for 1664 PASSENGERS IN AN SSTO TO DRES! WHAT IN BLAZING [REDACTED]?!

-Calivingamr, for sending a literal heart of love to Dres!

-George van Doorn for completing the Dres Awareness challenge by sending the most overkill rocket I have ever seen for what seems to be the tiniest interplanetary tranfser to Dres ever.

-Magzimum, for circumnavigating Dres, sending a magnificent station to Dres and pulling  7481.8 science points from our lonely friend. Well accomplished mission, I do say.

-bigcalm, for an absolutely stunning textbook mission, fulfilling EACH AND EVERY one of the suggestion criteria!

-zeta function, for a simple and sweet 12 probe network in orbit of Dres!

-Geonovast, for an 8 satellite network and permanent base on Dres!

-Cpt Kerbalkrunch, for sending a heartfelt and expensive love-steroid to Dres!

-Zherdev, for a nicely sized space station to high Dres orbit in a single launch!

SPECIAL MENTIONS
These special mentions are for those who become the caretaker of all the lonely ones, Dres, Moho, and Eeloo:
- 5thHorseman

Also, let me know of anything! I'm open to any fun-increasing ideas!

-SPAddict

Edited by SpaceplaneAddict
Addition to the challenge.
  • Like 21

Oh, no. The mission is to make Dres feel loved, one science sat WILL NOT DO!

I'll update the rules nao

Well, what I suggested in the OP are only suggestions, feel free to go above and beyond this!

-SPAddict

Cant wait to get my DresAwarness car on the surface

Spaceplane carrying 1000 ton Rover?

• Like 3

Can I make a toy dres out of an asteroid? And make a stand for it?

• Like 2

Spaceplane carrying 1000 ton Rover?

Delicious.

- - - Updated - - -

Can I make a toy dres out of an asteroid? And make a stand for it?

How? I like the concept, how you gonna execute this, while making Dres feel loved?

To help Dres feel loved, I humbly submit a picture of a kitten hugging a potato.

KLLjI.jpg

Best,

-Slashy

• Like 27

I'd like to think my constant yelling about Dres awareness had some effect on the creation of this challenge.

TO DRES!

Edited by Sanic

No, you may have used hyperedit ;)

I would to get there when I make another trip. First one always has to be legit and then I cheat if I don't feel like sitting through 5 massively laggy burns at 700 parts:/(The ship refuels itself so it doesn't do any long term damage)

• Like 1

I'd like to think my constant yelling about Dres awareness had some effect on the creation of this challenge.

TO DRES!

Probably :D

- - - Updated - - -

I would to get there when I make another trip. First one always has to be legit and then I cheat if I don't feel like sitting through 5 massively laggy burns at 700 parts:/(The ship refuels itself so it doesn't do any long term damage)

And even though I'd give you a pardon, I feel like you have used Hyperedit. Just tell me, did you perform the same launch for all sats? And what about all of the varied inclinations?

It's one mothership, the sats are moved about using a tug and can be recovered when she leaves SOI.

Dres? What's Dres? Is that Italian?

This is no place to make jokes about Dres.

• Like 2

It's Kerbal for underappreciated.

• Like 3

It's one mothership, the sats are moved about using a tug and can be recovered when she leaves SOI.

Alright, beam me up some proof of your travels, and you'll be welcomed onto the supporter list :D

- - - Updated - - -

Dres kis a highly unappreciated planet. We are here to give it love, no hate allowed :D

• Like 1

Can I go on the supporter list for being annoying enough for this challenge to be created?

Or do I have to do the Dres mission?

(I think it's the second one)

• Like 2

Can I go on the supporter list for being annoying enough for this challenge to be created?

Or do I have to do the Dres mission?

(I think it's the second one)

Meh, of course! Hand proof of a glorious Dres mission, and I'll mention in the OP how annoying you were :D

I never realized how bad I was at making interplanetary missions...