Dres Awareness, Show Your Support! (still not-dead :))

what should i do,big space stations, over 10 kermans there and back (took less delta v than expected, so...yes), big rover, some literal network system or some asteroid moons, which is the most impressive

2 hours ago, GRS said:

what should i do,big space stations, over 10 kermans there and back (took less delta v than expected, so...yes), big rover, some literal network system or some asteroid moons, which is the most impressive

All of them

EDIT: I've also got my space station done, so I'll finish editing the video tomorrow and upload it.

Edited by JacobTheFoxx

Shouldn't be too hard, and less frustrating than Tylo, guess i'll send 20 kermans and 5 DresNet satelites, oops, dropped an extra zero and made four extra copies

(200 kermans return and 20 DresNet Satelites, with one scansat), i'll start roughly next tuesday, i got a test on my school (i'm second year high schooler who started with KSP since first year middle school and got my own since third year middle school)

just saying, if The Kraken dares to destroy your project, go find it, and STAB it with some flags, depending on how much it frustrates you, or make a big station above The Kraken to avenge your Dres project and Dres itself, all KSP planets deserve same attention, this challenge made a balance between all KSP planets, its not other planets being overrated, its Dres being underrated :):):), Dres is also much more humble than me (Tylo) in case of landings :D

Edited by GRS
writing mistake

i got 20 tiny sized sats, and a bigger ones for scanning, is it enough, and how to post a whole image in replies, because its done now, 20 tiny satellites with one scansat as parent satellite

I've got a transfer window for Dres coming up In my career pretty soon. Thinking of sending 3 relay sats, one scansat, a research ground base and rover to circumnavigate (might aswell get an elkano challenge in too!) plus an orbital base, would this qualify? I may also attempt smashing an asteroid/dresteriod into the Kraken, you know, cause it deserves it!

This may take some time though as I have a few missions on going (Duna/ike, Eve/gilly) and am trying to avoid time warping too much.

1 hour ago, Aquaticfantastic said:

I may also attempt smashing an asteroid/dresteriod into the Kraken, you know, cause it deserves it!

Dont forget to say "EAT THIS, KRAKEN, FOR [insert someting here] !!!"

ex·ple·tive
/ˈeksplədiv/
noun

1. 1. 
    an oath or swear word.
    synonyms: swear word, obscenity, profanity, oath, curse, four-letter word, dirty word; More
    adjective
    GRAMMAR

(of a word or phrase) serving to fill out a sentence or line of verse.

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 5:20 AM, GRS said:

Am i aware enough

ykGItaX.png

Full Album here, if this qualifies i will only take one medal, looking forward to a 200 Kerman landing mission

I think that's pretty aware. ;)

Congratulations to @GRS for completing the Dres Awareness Challenge with a MASSIVE 21 Satellite Network around our favourite Dres!

@Aquaticfantastic Nice plan, can't wait to see it in action!

Edited by SpaceplaneAddict

5 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

I think that's pretty aware. ;)

Congratulations to @GRS for completing the Dres Awareness Challenge with a MASSIVE 20 Satellite Network around our favourite Dres!

@Aquaticfantastic Nice plan, can't wait to see it in action!

Thanks, and there's still one more pending entry up there by @JacobTheFoxx, and i placed 21 Satellites, that one in polar orbit is the 21st Satellite, for orbital scan and amplifying signal.

Edited by GRS

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:36 AM, JacobTheFoxx said:

Episode 1: 

Fantastic first episode! However, it's just 4 satellites, so I feel it's a bit underwhelming. I'd love to see an Episode 2 to one-up this though! :)

13 hours ago, GRS said:

Will 200 Kermans to Dres and back be enough ? (also that badge looks realy cool).

If it sounds insane, then yes

Well, it is insane, as usual, no docking-no ISRU-no MechaJebass (MechJeb), literally asking Dres for a permission to do a (hopefully) Legendary no docking-no ISRU-no MechaJebass-no Shock absorber Jool 5 expedition, i still need more Kermans, now i got 155 of them in total, yet only used 4, i also used F12 to make a Kerbal, there will probably a faceplant in the Valley, if a Kerbal could survive it.

Edited by GRS

And for @SpaceplaneAddict and anyone who's having a hard time in interplanetary transfers, here are some planetary allignments for interplanetary transfer.

78TYPV3.png

for Eve, forgot screenshots for others, but remember their alignments.

Duna : roughly 30-45 degrees in front of Kerbin.

Jool : nearly 90 degrees in front of Kerbin.

Moho/Dres/Eeloo : wait till Kerbin is aligned with one of the inclination intersection, each of them have two.

(yes, it has 1000 tons in LKO, and has nothing more than chemical engines).

• 2 weeks later...

@SpaceplaneAddict
About six months ago I said I was "going to colonise the crap out of Dres" it took me a bit longer than expected due to me getting a new job and forgetting about this challenge for a bit there ^^, but I'm finally done! I red some entries of other people that had awesome ideas to complete this challenge, I did not manage to think of something unique so instead I went for size of the mission and design of the crafts.

The only mod used was VAB/SPH extender. In total 11 crafts. Clipped fueltanks have either Ox or Ox and Lf disabled.

I'll post screenshots of 2 launches that show you the whole way there, for the other launches I'll post how it looks on the launchpad plus some random pics. I made more than 600 screenshots so if you need more proof that I flew eveything there just let me know.

Lineup:

In Space:

Space Station
Fuel Station (asteroid mining)
1 main relay
4 midsize relays
4 small relays
Survey scanner
Asteroid miner
Cruise ship
Science cruiser

Landed:

Base
Science outpost
3 crew landers
Hotel
Mobile base
13 rovers (6 designs)
Total crew: 250

Launch 1: Relay Network

Contains 1 main relay and 4 smaller ones
Launchmass: 856.8t
Craftfile

Spoiler

ZmOn0ba.jpg

2IvcR4N.jpg

rRE9EeV.png

Launch 2: Asteroid Miner

Asteroid miner that carries a telescope to be released somewhere of our way to Dres.
Launchmass: 8,946.7t
Crew: 4
Craftfile

Spoiler

UakNzqv.jpg

uPc1Xtf.png

Launch 3: Fuel Station 
Launchmass: 4,721.6t
Crew: 7
Craftfile

Spoiler

dBD0H4Y.jpg

pMFVrJa.jpg

Launch 4: Space Station
Launchmass: 5,104.1t
Crew: 20
Craftfile

Spoiler

1Yw2a5y.jpg

4oobk1e.jpg

Launch 5: Science Cruiser (full run on this one, well not every booster separation)

Contains 4 small relays, a survey scanner and a probe with a klaw and drills which can be docked to the front to mine asteroids.
Launchmass: 9,225.3t
Crew: 30
Craftfile

Spoiler

UovHSnL.jpg

riBkt2e.jpg

XULSw5a.jpg

lE3clom.jpg

bKd4FXZ.jpg

Dres Transfer

6aLMOqI.png

HH1xBN3.png

veeBOuX.jpg

2nd node, fixing inclanation.

490hOix.png

KN2Kt5L.png

iYZm65b.png

Dres orbit

tQh3rGs.png

WELeo8P.jpg

Aq2cAKO.png

Orbit set, now releasing the relays

sOJCkDU.jpg

sbnDpD7.jpg

gnA5Usb.png

pfO5Q64.png

TNwoeug.jpg

xxhM90V.png

t3K1Srf.png

Time to dock to the s[ace station

untzWbl.png

fzEbGwF.png

i2KU0MB.jpg

VjEpgBp.jpg

Launch 6: Mobile base

Contains 2 large science rovers to do some science in style :) and 2 small rovers
Launchmass: 5,755.9t
Crew: 35
Craftfile

Spoiler

WOwnxK6.jpg

7GHKecw.jpg

pKeLV0D.png

Launch 7: Base (full run on this one)

Contains 3 tiny rovers
Launchmass: 7,324.9t
Crew: 14
Craftfile

Spoiler

dWh2y43.jpg

Erh9ai6.jpg

cWyv1t3.jpg

szhrez6.png

Fixing inclanation

1sqeq6R.png

mJwOuWs.jpg

fDycmU9.png

I forgot how much fuel was needed to land so I decided to refuel a bit just to be sure (wasn't needed as it turned out)

B9pMJQP.jpg

krrINhc.jpg

eS1Fags.jpg

gWoUmHZ.jpg

gGJffzV.png

Launch 8: Science Outpost

Contains 1 large en 4 small science rovers
Launchmass: 8,324.6t
Crew: 21
Craftfile

Spoiler

ltOwIH9.jpg

IDq4nlc.jpg

Launch 9: Hotel

carriers a tourbus
Launchmass: 8,138.5t
Crew: 20
Craftfile

Spoiler

vylyVwl.jpg

sNRXhmL.jpg

Launch 10: Crew Lander

3 landers that could also dock to the station
Launchmass: 6,693.5t
Crew: 30
Craftfile

Spoiler

MQ50PdS.jpg

Aavt8HC.jpg

xbOQBtu.png

Launch 11: Cruise Ship

Launchmass: 9,082.8t
Crew: 69
Craftfile

Spoiler

zjlKumS.jpg

THQuUS2.jpg

Overview of all crafts in solar orbite with Dres encounter

Spoiler

Y2D0rtZ.png

dUsYYjP.png

I figure this should be enough to prove I actually went to Dres :P:D 

Some random shots:

heEmzK7.png

NkKBut1.jpg

6OpMHYw.jpg

Fun fact, there were a total of 1392 struts used to keep everything together

Well it's save to say that I've never put in more effort to complete a single mission, it was a blast! Next stop Moho!

Edited by Torn4dO

Crap, just crap, so this is how adult KSP players act, and here's my current Dres 200 operation, with nearly 6000 full mass (and its an SSTO rocket).

4fSmFDc.png

And that ship right now.

cBz0lfN.png

Name : Tengen Toppa Centurion.

Purpose : Get to Dres, and back, no refueling, with 200 Kerbals, near The Dres Cliff.

Delta v : Est. 12000 m/s.

Height : Est. 62 m.

Part count : 420 (fewer than Eve rocket that has 590, thanks to the "stupidly arranged" boosters).

Mass : 5994 tons (Eve rocket has only 2 tons less mass, again, thanks to the stupidly arranged boosters).

LKO Mass : >1750 t.

Mods : KER, Nereid's FF, Hyperedit (not used here).

Mission Difficulty : SUP3R (Ultra).

Edited by GRS

myUrCV2.png

Landing something that big really is a pain, due to uneven surface, and its thin, tall design, it only has 3 Dres TWR, and that's one more stage gone, also planning to fulfill all those thingies in the suggestion criteria, but must focus on relaunching DresNet (corrupted save file killed my progress) and Jool 5 mission, which will be the largest of the "Centurion rockets" series (the rocket you're currently looking at is the second largest). That's the picture of Simone Kerman the mission commander taking selfie with flag and rocket.

Edited by GRS

22 hours ago, Torn4dO said:

*SNIP*

By god. Oh my oh my. You weren't kidding when you said "colonise the crap outta Dres"

That's no colony good sir, that's fully functioning city.

Congratulations to @Torn4dO for turning Dres into a second bastion of Kerbalkind with an asteroid minner, multiple varied relays and sub vessals with many tasks in orbit; and with a science outpost, three landers, a HOTEL, and THIRTEEN rovers of 6 varied designs.

Good god man, it's, it's beautiful! I can't wait to see what you do with Moho! :D

17 hours ago, GRS said:

*Snip*

Nice nice! Did you want me to update your entry on the board?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.