Dres Awareness, Show Your Support! (still not-dead :))

Awesome... @Spacenerd Kerman

Join the Kopernicus Discord if you're interested in it, I'm part of it, tell me if you're already there...

Also how's the Surface Science Multiplier if you don't mind ??? (High Multipliers may lure People to Dres SOI)

I recently got the Kerbol origins mod and as usual i mucked around with the configs and now my Dres also has a moon:

sT4zV6D.png

The moon is Rega, and in the default Kerbol origins setup, rega was supposed to be its own dwarf planet with rings but as i needed the space i moved it into orbit of dres and moved the rings to dres itself. It actually happend that the orbit i placed it in(just outside the rings) had almost the same period as the rotation rate of dres, so i simply nudged those to be the same so now the Dres-Rega system behaves very similar to the Duna Ike system in that way. (And the mass ratio happend to be similar to the duna system aswell, Dres/Rega=9.79,Duna/Dres=16.22)

So Ive done as much as i can with the time I have, wont be able to play again until next weekend so ill show what Ive got so far ... imgur album for report but heres the gist.

Spoiler

Stock with MH, carreer mode ps4

Two launches 600t + delivering 12 relays a 2 man lander and the DrOP-g station carrying 5 kerbals.

8 relays succesfully deployed 4 have remained on the bus to provide a more reliable link back to kerbin for when DrOP-G is darkside.

Lander has completed 3 landings so far collecting data from dres lowlands and highlands, almost full lab plus 22 experiments to return to kerbin. Fuel remaining should provide at least 2 more landings once the lab needs refilling.

Attempted a return late last night got into a 40,000m aerocapture but was coming in to hot to slow down, still about 8 days before the ideal transfer and had 100m/s ish left in the tank so I'm positive the return is possible but I've ran out of time for now. I wiill update once done but its gonna be while due to work :(

I have loads more screenshots if you need, just didnt want to bombard you with too many!

Drestemis program

ZmroxdU.jpg

On 7/16/2019 at 7:51 AM, Spacenerd Kerman said:

Snipped moon named Love for Dres (Wrong post quoted but that's fine right?)

On 7/14/2019 at 8:39 AM, Eriksonn said:

Snipped Rings for Dres and a moon named Rega

Hot dang those are some purdy moons!

Congratulations to @Spacenerd Kerman and @Eriksonn for literally making moons and a ring to show love for Dres!

On 7/15/2019 at 4:13 AM, SecondChance said:

Snipped 12 relay comms setup, 2-Kerb lander, and 5-Kerb station

Always appreciated to see classic manned missions on a large scale!

Congratulations to @SecondChance for a decently-sized full-scale mission to Dres with a relay network, station, and lander!

On 7/16/2019 at 5:52 AM, GRS said:

Snipped 30k science expedition

A Kerbal of science I see!

Congratulations to @GRS for studying the heck outta Dres and garnering 30 thousand science points! Seems you know our planetary friend a lot better now :)

Sorry for such a late reply everyone. Updating the board now!

Thanks mate...I really like it...that Spade will be a part of a Bigger Mod, there will be 16 extra Bodies, 15 are Landable, 8 of them are "Easily Landable", while 7 are Hard bodies, currently, Spade is the only finished ones...

Nice...Spade has 12 Surface Multiplier considering it's Highly Irregular Orbit that should at least...Blow Your Mind (Inclination 135 Degrees, Eccentriccity 0.5, Argument of Periapsis 30 Degrees and Longitude of Ascending Node 54 Degrees)

All bodies in Kronos Planet Pack has high Multipliers (revealed bodies : Arkanus (18), Orbin (16) and Spade (12))

Edited by GRS

Recently i posted in this thread:

Where my entry was the Kerberos ship i sent to Dres as a submission for this thread a while ago. Now i got abit inspired by this and(after getting some new shiny mods for station parts and radiators) decided to make an even larger version to send to explore the new solar system setup i have. This means that i hope that i will atleast swingby every body in the solar system(and plop down a manned lander on an many as i can, and that includes Moho and Eeloo;)). But as i had planned(and as the transfer window was nicely lined up as a bonus) I will go to Dres and its new friend Rega for the first stop.

With 1600 tons on the pad and 260 tons in orbit, Kerberos 2.0 is even bigger than its predecessor with the one to two sizes wider(3.75 and 5 meters compared to 2.5 for the old one) core section. It has less "companions" in terms of relays and rovers and such. But it still carries a manned lander, a somewhat large miner, and 2 small survey sattelites.

Actually took a picture of the launch this time.

44cpt8c.png

Sucessful deployment into orbit.

mUv0Lsx.png

Transfer to Dres went well(split the burn in 2 parts for this), forgot to take a picture of the hud becauce i was so busy getting everything to work:blush:, but it was basically the same as the previous mission so you can go look at that if you want:wink:

ijLGFIV.png

Almost twice as many engines this time(and all of them worked due to proper radiators as opposed to Kerberos 1)

kOvKsZI.png

Transfer burn completed to Dres, and here you can see the resources hud for the first time(i am horrible at documenting that aren't I...)

Mh03Y9U.png

To be continued once I arrive at Dres...

18 hours ago, Spacenerd Kerman said:

Everyone here who made a Kopernicus moon for Dres (me, GRS, Eriksonn)

Although i didnt actually *make* Rega and its rings, i just moved it. Ant that also means that i cant use it without the kerbol origins mod, although maybe i can copy it but still... I didnt actually make it

...LOL, NVM, I'll post later, still busy making another Planet for my Kronos Planet Pack, but i can give y'all an early access to Spade for Dres' sake.

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.