[Kopernicus]Kerbol Origins - A revival of the original SQUAD planet ideas and more!

amarius1

10 hours ago, jeremythebeast said:

This mod looks so cool! Looking forward to it, but I have a few suggestions: 

Nova originally said that Potatus rotates extremely fast, and also has a very inclined orbit. It would be cool if it is somewhat like Inaccessible from the old Krag's Planet Factory mod where you can't really land near the equator due to the fact that it rotates faster than the escape velocity.

Also, Nova said that Fonso's atmosphere will be two atmosphere's dense, and it would be better that way since it would also resemble Saturn's moon Titan.

Daphy is looking cool, I LOVE the views of Sarvin. The "dust pools" where your ship can float in them sounds like a great idea.

Nova also said Eeloo would be a moon of GP2...

Other than that, this mod is looking great, and I'm so hyped for this to come out! :kiss:

P.S. Will you be able to disable certain planets/moons in a config?

First about Potatus: i don't know if I can make it rotate extremely fast as it would have to be oblate. Now it is very hard to obtain proper oblateness on planets currently. At least it looks like a potato... Its orbit is so far very inclined, some 10 degrees.

Fonso: atmosphere like that is done. We will provide a config that ads dense dust clouds in teh lowlands.

Daphy: I remade the terrain generation to have less futures and look more like a fluffy ball of snow. I don't know if I can get those dust pools workign as many things might prevent it from happening.

Eeloo: it is already orbiting the GP2 and I'm adding a subterranean ocean were I could get squids swimming (hopefully)

YOu can disabl planets and moons by deleting their folders. Want to no longer have dwarf planets added by mod? Delete the "DwarfPlanets" folder!

Wonderful! :)

I had stumbled upon that old thread post from nova about a month ago and was planning to try and create those planet ideas, but it looks like I wasn't the only one thinking along those lines!
Thanks for starting this project, can't wait to see it on release. :D

On 12.12.2015, 22:45:07, tjsnh said:

Wonderful! :)

I had stumbled upon that old thread post from nova about a month ago and was planning to try and create those planet ideas, but it looks like I wasn't the only one thinking along those lines!
Thanks for starting this project, can't wait to see it on release. :D

Thank you very much! We will try to stick as close as realisticaly possible to Nova's ideas. Cheers! Release might be around Christmas.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am confused, is there another thread for KO? Where can I find it?

-EDIT-

Also, which mods are supported? This entire K+/KO thing is kinda messy...

Edited by Andem

• 1 month later...

I am in love with this mod.  For real.  But there are problems with it intersecting the actual orbital areas of the Outer Planets Mod.  Is there anyone way you guys can make this stuff compatible or am I going to have to go in there to modify the data.  Now I did stuff with planet factory a billion years ago and need to relearn this stuff for Kopernicus.  Any place to get my feet wet editing and fixing planets and moons?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 18/06/2016 at 4:39 AM, NictraSavios said:

Is there any chance you'll make a delta-V map?

I'm actually making Delta V maps for a bunch of planet packs, I'm working on one for @KillAshley's New Horizons. I'll try making a Delta V map for this one when I finish New Horizons. But I'll need all of the orbital characteristics of each planet. And I don't think this pack is developed enough for me to build a reliable Delta V map. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.