The Grand KSP 1.0.5 Discussion Thread!

KasperVld

At the risk of sounding stupid why are those any more useful than regular docking ports?

They're not, as far as I can tell from reading the patch notes, they're an optional option in the part configs for part-makers, so they don't need to make their own module to make gendered docking ports.

I don't think there's any gendered docking ports that are stock, just an option implemented in the stock "part module" for add-on developers.

Hmm if you transfer the pilot of the Velociteze to the MK1 crew cabin you can't go IVA and when you press the button for it it locks up the camera and stuff, you need to go to the map and exit it to reset, and when you transfer the pilot back to the MK1 cockpit the facecam doesn't reappear, with pressing the IVA button doing the same as above. Fresh reinstall for the update.

Update is good apart from that(it was literally the first thing I done in the updated game :D ) ^.^

Wooooooo hooooooo!

I'm glad to see the Emergency Braking Thrusters fired at the appropriate time, even though I wasn't awake at the cab of the engine in time. I really do wish I had been there to give the train a more comfortable stop. I will definitely be playing the heck out of the update!

ok, I think I found a problem with one of the fixes... Sorry guys - I hate to be that guy...

So I launched a little space station the other day with tons of docking ports, including some connected to station service modules that I will keep around most of the time. Here's what the update did with all of those newly-stageable docking ports:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Note how they all got added to my first stage, so if I were Kerbal enough to just slap my spacebar, the station would fly apart and I would get the joy of reassembling it...

Danny

I have to say, the Vector engine is great, although it may be slightly overpowered. At least you can slap a Shuttle replica together in 2 minutes with just a dozen stock parts right now (a couple of orange tanks, two Kickbacks and a bog standard orbiter will do that trick).

Only thing I found a bit disappointing was the fact that the Thud model was revamped (it looks good now), but it's still marginally useless since it's an LF/O engine. It would be better as a complement to the Vector with Monoprop fuel, so it is equivalent to the shuttle's OMS. It *looks* like an OMS now, so why not make it *act* like one? ;)

Gendered docking ports was a modder request. We do tend to do them from time to time. :)

Especially just after several modders get taken on as devs... ;)

Seriously though, great job on the update, Squad. Now I've just got to find some spare time to update a few mods...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.