The Grand KSP 1.0.5 Discussion Thread!

KasperVld

Poking around in the new cockpit IVA. Noticed the "sun roof" as seen from the outside, that's cool. But...

http://i.imgur.com/hsro2l8.jpg

Switches? Joysticks? A navball!?!?

Considering this is pointed up at the cockpit's "ceiling", is this supposed to be a spaceplane docking view/control area?

I think you can look out of that window by clicking on the "Nav" screen in the main IVA view. It's meant to be a docking view I think.

Anyone else seeing that if you accept a contract, the active contracts count doesn't actually go up until you exit mission control and go back in? Are we supposed to stay quiet about that since it allows us to get more contracts active than our mission control building upgrades allow?

Danny

Wait! Regex "loving" something?!? Am I the only one that noticed this?
Clearly you don't know me.
Nice plane Regex. :cool:
Thanks! I think I might do a circumnavigation with it once I figure out how to land in water safely...

Poking around in the new cockpit IVA. Noticed the "sun roof" as seen from the outside, that's cool. But...

http://i.imgur.com/hsro2l8.jpg

Switches? Joysticks? A navball!?!?

Considering this is pointed up at the cockpit's "ceiling", is this supposed to be a spaceplane docking view/control area?

I suppose it is!

The Space Shuttle had exactly such a thing for docking or control of the Canadarm.

You'll notice a big screen in the IVA. It says "Docking mode"

Double click that. :)

Put my first rocket of a new career on the pad and had Jeb EVA briefly for the report. Re-boarded and ... Jeb was still outside the capsule. He was inside the capsule, too. Weird.

Launched and clone-Jeb fell off the side (he survived), did some experiments and landed safely. Designed my second rocket, hit go, and ... KSC and Kerbin have vanished.

All aboard the hype train for 1.0.6, I guess.

Awesome changelog! No wonder you thought it was worth releasing now, without the other changes scheduled for 1.1

As well as the usual 'more stuff for flight simulator' there's a huge amount of things in there. Particularly loving the docking and navball enhancements.

Thanks.

Anyone else seeing that if you accept a contract, the active contracts count doesn't actually go up until you exit mission control and go back in? Are we supposed to stay quiet about that since it allows us to get more contracts active than our mission control building upgrades allow?

Danny

no repro for me. time to check your mods again.

Put my first rocket of a new career on the pad and had Jeb EVA briefly for the report. Re-boarded and ... Jeb was still outside the capsule. He was inside the capsule, too. Weird.

Launched and clone-Jeb fell off the side (he survived), did some experiments and landed safely. Designed my second rocket, hit go, and ... KSC and Kerbin have vanished.

If you have so much as one mod in your install, I swear.....

:rolleyes:

Vertical snap is working fine for me. Are you trying to do it the old way by toggling snap mode by pressing V? Now you just hover the cursor over a part after it's been placed and press V to snap it.

Yes I was expecting it to toggle like it had before so thanks for the info I'll check it out.

It's Schrodinger's Jebediah! He's both inside the capsule and outside the capsule...AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!!!!!!​

There's lots of little bits to like in this update:

-Parachutes turn red in staging diagram when you're going too fast.

-I LOVE the new little jet engine. Not for any practical use, mind you, just making tiny drones. :)

-New Thud & Aerospike models.

-The first new LF+O rocket engine in a long while.

-New hollow structural fuselage! Can we stuff things in there? I'll certainly try!

-Scratches on the MK1 inline cockpit canopy - though I predict some may dislike them.

-Cabin lights and afterburners light up your craft now.

Sure, Mechjeb isn't working any more (refuses to control craft) but I'm having fun. :) Can't wait for 1.1

You can get XP for logging atmospheric pressure scan in... vacuum?!?
Go look up how far Earth's atmosphere extends. Can also double as a solar wind experiment. Can also be used for so-called "airless" bodies (Mercury has a tenuous atmosphere).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.