The Grand KSP 1.0.5 Discussion Thread!

KasperVld

I see a mod button there, a mod list might be useful in solving the issue. Thanks!

Pulled all mods out bug still repeatable in brand new save file either sandbox or career.

Was trying to post bug report this morning before work but home Wifi got slammed with traffic.

Noticed there is a solution on Linux in support already will see if it works on Mac OS tonight.

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!

I WANT MY ARMOR BACK!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Really, the one thing i really enjoyed in KSP is combat, and the new engine thrust damage completely RUINS armor ;.;

Luckily "thrust damage" is one of the things that got fixed in the silentpatch.

Read about it in the post that was made by KasperVld 1,5 hours before you posted.

That error is indicative of having an outdated version of Asteroid Day installed. Please update to the version that was uploaded concurrently with 1.0.5.

I use the KSP store; I've not seen a concurrent upload of Asteroid Day on the last couple of updates. I just copy across my original folder from the previous version.

Where do I find this later version please?

* Contract Decline Penalty: A small reputation penalty is incurred when a contract is declined, to prevent Mission Control from being abused as a slot machine.

I really don't care much for this one. I absolutely hate "ferrying tourists". I'm a SCIENCE MAN, man! I ain't got no time to spit Kawaiian be-shirted, camera toting unscientific nobodies (that believe storms on Duna could actually be violent enough to cause a mission abort) into space, only to risk uber rep if I end up roasting them on a Rockomax spit!

"We chose to deliver a SRB to orbit, not because it is easy, but because a poorly-coded contract scheme will penalize us if we don't."

I am happy. But in 1.0.4 I could ditch anything IN THE WATER. That was the one good thing I could do very well. I ditched my homemade 737 into the water and it was fine. I even ditched my cargo plane.

If I update will my career mode world ships get corrupted because of visual updates or will something else happen? Ive spent alot of time on those

Engine parts received an update. The (former) TurboJet is a little longer now, but all the other updated parts are about the same size and shape as they were. So your craft should be okay.

However, the safest bet for any KSP update is to make a copy of your entire KSP install BEFORE updating. That way, if something breaks horribly, you have an archive copy to help fix things up.

Cheers,

~Claw

I can and just did load up around 1500 parts in 1 spot just a half hour ago.

its either some specific bug with ur system, or your CPU just cant handle the part count.

As for lag, im hoping to no end 1.1 helps at least some. 1000 parts is extremely laggy for me (anything above 500 parts gets somewhat uncomfortable to work with, above 1000 lagfest, and above 2000 crashfest).

I have done so little in KSP with 1.05 since updating, but when i went to my Mun Lander on the Mun, it seemed to respond faster.

It's 1395 parts:

MEObZ7n.png

If you like large part counts, here is the ship file with the rockets and staging below it:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=99906451759609978311

Don't forget to check the action groups.

the solar panel one misses toggling 5 of the panels, and half the panels snapped in at the wrong angle, which I missed. Wasn't important for me to fix.

Also, I used a custom flag. It is the only thing not stock. All parts are 1.04 stock otherwise. I assume when loaded in the VAB, the flag is reset, but I don't now.

I like the new heating -- especially the way the engine bells cool down after throttle-off. The game overall feels a bit quicker, and smoother somehow. I guess that's NathanKell's good work. The new world-firsts system is good, and I think the Juno is cute.

Well done everyone at Squad!

An amusing glitch occurred - I sent Jeb to the Mun before upgrading the tracking station to Patched Conics. He got there fine, and I put him in orbit. He did half an orbit and I prepared to send him back to Kerbin (by firing prograde at the Mun's orbit-prograde point). Just as he got there, the game glitched and he was in orbit around Kerbin. Oh well, I can live with that, I said. But a few minutes later, without me doing anything but stare at the map view, the same again: bam! He was in orbit around Kerbol. What was a quick overnighter to the Mun is now a 288-day trip around Kerbol to the next rendezvous with Kerbin.

A repeat trip to the Mun by Valentina after upgrading the tracking station had no problems, and I haven't yet repeated the game to see if it's a bug or just memory corruption -- having too much fun just driving around in a Juno-powered buggy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.