Bug in Tracking Station? 1.05

Unity doesn't really like multiple monitors or odd resolutions, so some smaller laptops can have issues like this one, especially with mobile GPU's.

I find the fix is to try another resolution, matching the monitor res or the aspect ratio will fix it.

Edited by sal_vager

Well, thats good to know, since, Yes, i AM on a laptop, with a default 1600x900 display, which KSP does not seem to support... :(

I'd give you rep again for this tidbit, sal-vager, but you're the last person I gave some to, so it wont let me...lol

Edited by Stone Blue

^^

That would be sweet... I hate starting and waiting thru load-time, when running KSP for the 1st time after every fresh install I do (I do ALOT, since I heavily mod), only to have to immediately exit, edit the settings.cfg for this, and restart, because i keep forgetting to edit BEFORE starting a new install... (Even though my computer has a default 1600x900 display, i have to use 1595x870 in the settings to get KSP fitted within the screen... :P)

Had the same bug, but I'm running Windows, Steam version of KSP. It also has a few mods installed.

As advised here, after the update, I changed the resolution from the native 1920x1080 to 1600x900 (I think). Problem was that after that I could revert back to the native resolution, as I only got a black screen when going to "Settings" from the Main Menu. So I changed back to the native resolution using Nvidia GeForce Experience. After that, the bug was gone and all objects where correctly aligned again in the tracking station.

I believe this thread is a duplicate of this one: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/139047-Tracking-Station-has-graphical-error

I also see this issue when starting KSP without steam. Furthermore, SCREEN_RESOLUTION_WIDTH and SCREEN_RESOLUTION_HEIGHT are already filled in in my settings.cfg. The resolution in here, which is the one I chose manually, is not the native resolution of my screen (2560x1440 set, 3840x2160 native). This is an MST screen, so it acts as if it were 2 screens.

Hello

I have this same issue. Looks the pretty much the same but mine is offset a bit more. Probably because of different resolutions

After a few tests i have come to the conclusion that tabbing out of the game is what breaks my game, not steam overlay.

1.Steam overlay on. Starting game and opening tracking station without ever tabbing out. Tracking station works fine

2.Steam overlay off. Starting game and opening tracking station without ever tabbing out. Tracking station works fine

3.Steam overlay on. Starting game and opening tracking station and tabbing out at anytime breaks the game.

4.Steam overlay off. Starting game and opening tracking station and tabbing out at anytime breaks the game.

At least in my case the overlay makes no difference. I did tinker with the resolution at first but i had a few minor mods installed and did not get it work at that time. My guess is resolution wont change things either.

I have two monitors and like to multitask so i tab out often :( My computer runs on windows but i found no threads for windows users. game is 1028 build

Please do tell if this matches your experience

edit: Tested my modded install in windowed mode and it has kept this bug away so far

Morris

Edited by EmilMorris

Well, thats good to know, since, Yes, i AM on a laptop, with a default 1600x900 display, which KSP does not seem to support... :(

I'd give you rep again for this tidbit, sal-vager, but you're the last person I gave some to, so it wont let me...lol

My Tower us attached to a 1920 x 1200 monitor, and I use a window accepted by KSP rather full screen. Same with my laptop, which is 1920 x 1080. I think I am using 1600 x 900 on both.

• 4 months later...

I am experiencing this bug, but only when I boot the game in OpenGL mode  ("-force-OpenGL") When I boot the game without the OpenGL option I do not experience this bug in the tracking station. I didn't see OpenGL mentioned in this thread so I hope this helps you guys track down the offending piece of code.

Other germane information: Game resolution is same as desktop: 1920x1080.  Running on an AMD Phenom II (Quad core, 3.4GHz), 8GB DDR3, and Win7.

On 26 March 2016 at 10:10 PM, Yaivenov said:

I am experiencing this bug, but only when I boot the game in OpenGL mode  ("-force-OpenGL") When I boot the game without the OpenGL option I do not experience this bug in the tracking station. I didn't see OpenGL mentioned in this thread so I hope this helps you guys track down the offending piece of code.

Other germane information: Game resolution is same as desktop: 1920x1080.  Running on an AMD Phenom II (Quad core, 3.4GHz), 8GB DDR3, and Win7.

If it is happening with OGL, try -force-d3d11.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.