Why no "revert flight" at any time when in sandbox mode

Hello kerbonauts

From time to time somehow I need to kill my crew members when abort a flight, even in sandbox mode.

After loading a saved game for example, the option "revert flight" disappears, even in sandbox mode. Deleting the flight in Tracking Station seems to be the only way to abort a flight then.

Since sandbox mode seems to be for experimental game play, but also the amount of crew members is not unlimited here as well, I don't think this behavior is approbiate.

Why can't I revert a flight at any time without killing my crew members when I'm playing KSP in sandbox mode ?

Greetings Martin

Hello kerbonauts

From time to time somehow I need to kill my crew members when abort a flight, even in sandbox mode.

After loading a saved game for example, the option "revert flight" disappears, even in sandbox mode. Deleting the flight in Tracking Station seems to be the only way to abort a flight then.

Since sandbox mode seems to be for experimental game play, but also the amount of crew members is not unlimited here as well, I don't think this behavior is approbiate.

Why can't I revert a flight at any time without killing my crew members when I'm playing KSP in sandbox mode ?

Greetings Martin

Check your difficulty options

Hello kerbonauts

Greetings Martin

"Revert Flight" rolls back the save to the time of launch of the active vehicle.

To allow Reversion of any flight, The game would have to store a separate virtual quicksave for every single active flight in the save, and there would need to be some kind of decision made as to what would happen when two spacecraft launched at different times dock, or when one spacecraft splits into multiple pieces.

A) you do have unlimited amount of kerbals in the astronaut complex.

B) it's the way reverting works, once you are no longer in control of it you lose the ability to revert, it's a bit technical and I'm not 100% on the details but that's just the way saving the revert to state is discarded in order to not make save files huge

"Revert Flight" rolls back the save to the time of launch of the active vehicle.

To allow Reversion of any flight, The game would have to store a separate virtual quicksave for every single active flight in the save, and there would need to be some kind of decision made as to what would happen when two spacecraft launched at different times dock, or when one spacecraft splits into multiple pieces.

Came here to say exactly this. It's not a difficulty option, it's a technical and logical limitation.

"...or when a spacecraft splits into multiple pieces."

This may be the problem. I did a flight "B52 & X15 style", splitting into two.

Also I quitted the game the hard way, by windows task manager, one time.

So I possible need to save my space planes and and space ships, and start a new sandbox game now. ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.