1.05, not a happy bunny

got ksp on steam ages ago, but i play 2 different games, a stock one and my full modded one.

if like before i mess up a game badly installing mods i go to steam and download a fresh copy, no problem.

i have 2 folders named completely different to launch each game.

now i update 1.o5 on steam to try that out and it overwrites and adds mods that i haven’t even installed (but are on my comp in a kip zip folder) then tells me they are not compatible, still no biggie, till i realise its ovewritten both of my original folders!!! what the ,,,,,,!

any help will be appreciated, running on mac and el capitan

From my experience the Steam updates only what is in the original game folder under steam and only the files that are original game files, all other files are left untouched. It is not clear what exactly you did, care to elaborate? Did you had both your versions inside Steam folder or different place?

well the weird thing is that i don’t have the steam one installed, i only install the steam version to update, then play it offline away from steam, yea i guess its a steam thing ill post a ticket on there, i think for some reason its looked and seen ksp, in other folders and updated them, not a huge prob as i can reinstall from usb and add the mods again, i just saved a game as well, but was looking to see if there was any info on cross contamination :)

just for info i found the problem, when steam writes to your disc it seems to look for any folder containing the kip files, i moved the ones i wanted to the bin, so they are protected while still keeping them on the comp to test, then updated steam...problem solved, now to reinstall all the mods!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.