[1.0.5] Saitek Rhino X-55 HOTAS Stick and Throttle mixed up

Hi!

I´m in need for help. I wanted to put my shiny Rhino X-55 to good use but KSP won´t let me :(

I can map it no problem but I guess the game is confused by the fact that the X-55 is splitt into two devices (Stick and Throttle).

Well, at least my game settings don´t get reset anymore when starting the game with the stick plugged in (thx 1.0.5!).

-It´s a clean 1.0.5 install, freshly downloaded via Steam.

-Not a screenshot, but better:

-Output log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7p32x6jfwnw68bw/output_log.txt?dl=0

-System specs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/44z11i9g9eyd576/DxDiag.txt?dl=0

Thx in advance!

Yes it does. The throttle on it´s own, too.

I just happen to have to remap some bindings. But that´s pretty pointless, right?^^

A google search told me that maybe it´s because the game cuts the device names too early. They´re both pretty long and identical except for the last bit (which is cut off in the config). Maybe enlarging the max chars count for input device names will do the trick?

INPUT_DEVICES

{

Saitek Pro Flight X-55 R. = 0

}

(The 3D connexion 6DoF device that is plugged in for years runs fine all the time)

Edited by Maschinenbauer
additional info

Yeah that's not something I can do, not sure if the devs can either to be honest, they're using the Unity engine to handle this rather than making their own IO handler like some other Unity engine game devs have had to do to make this stuff work :/

I can't test this myself as I just don't have the hardware, plus I'm on Linux, but there's software called ppjoy and similar that can rename the throttle so it can be detected as a separate device, it shouldn't need any controls changed, just the name its reporting to the operating system.

It's a hack but it's better than nothing.

Edit:

This post by HellBender has lots of info on joysticks in KSP

Edited by sal_vager

Will that ruin all the settings in other games like Elite: Dangerous?

If so, can you point some dev at this problem? I´m surely not the only Space Game enthusiast with a nice little HOTAS setup. :)

But if it´s too much hassle I guess I can only cry alone in my cold and dark room till 1.1.0 hits the scene^^

It can set stuff up with profiles so Elite will be totally fine :)

Also Unity5 may have new controller code, I don't know yet, but as this issue affects other Indies and they have brought this up on the Unity tracker, I should hope there will be.

Nice! So I can set ppjoy to soley take action when KSP is fired up? That´s great! That should help a lot, thx!

Now all my hopes rest on Unity5. Unfortunately there´s a trend lately to completely forget about proper joystick support. Even if the game has tons of planes and choppers (GTA V, BF4...). Let´s hope the best for Unity5. Me (and the community) expects a lot from it.

Have a nice day! I´m going to bed now, sleepy time...

Edited by Maschinenbauer
typos

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.