The Kerbin submarine circumnavigation challenge

You can do that but your sub with turn into a boat over time and you will have to refuel the ore and you're gonna have a bad time doing that.

But well, I should stop to tell everyone how to build subs, im sure there are far better desings than me.

@SpaceplaneAddict like I said in the first post, you can submit alternate routes and I could modify the land rule for this one. I could add awards like "speed boat" for your suggestion and "grand tour" for the path im going for.

@Azimech you got me there but you are a little close to the land. I think someone posted a bit of the ressource file of the Ocean where it says there is 0 ore.

Absolutely, you can refuel however you want as long as it's not cheating. Want to drill an asteroid and then send a refuel pod? That's ok.

You make me think that I should add "number of kerbals on the ride" in the award/scoring system :sticktongue:

EDIT: I changed the rules a bit, they should be more clear now. Edited by Fluburtur

ok thanks anyway meet Gargantua refuel-er.
SPECS:
can house upto 16 crew
holds upto 30,561 units of fuel
top speed : NO DATA
WEIGHT: 250.3 tons (a lot lighter than his 768.4 ton brother)

USING mkIV parts Mod pack including big engine inter-coolers and intakes to make the Goliath engines become more efficient with its fuel usage

[IMG]https://i.gyazo.com/a91be160e3870eae4b101e5b917e3591.png[/IMG] Edited by Lego8_bit

Thank you, I entered you in the scoreboard (well not yet scoreboard since no one completed the challenge) as a lighter than water submarine, please correct me if it's not the case.
[SIZE=5]
Ladies and gentlekerbs, our first participant![/SIZE]

• 1 month later...

Ok i got my 2 crafts ready for RE_SUBMISSION!

GARGANTUA REFUEL-ER BOAT!

sZLbF7w.png  REFULER

HEAVY PASSENGER SUBMARINE

P3fHDPq.png MAIN SUBMARINE!

the Refuel-er does approximately 127.3 knots 

the sub does 78 knots (ON SURFACE) 35-19 Knots (UNDERWATER) and has an underwater range of 50KM per refuel.

Edited by Lego8_bit

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well...  kudos to anyone who would be insane enough to do it!  ...for me, I'd have a hard time flying that route at Mach 2+ much less crawling it underwater.  Will put a follow on the thread though as I'm curious to see if anyone would be crazy enough to actually do it and document the progress. 

Years ago I recall hearing rumor of some folks who actually made attempts at playing Silent Hunter 3 in 1x time.  I also recall hearing they had their PCs locked up for months while sailing to/from patrol zones in the north Atlantic.  ...and of course, me thinking they were totally nuts!!

OH wait... AHhhhh!!!   Necro Thread!   Yeah, that's about as far as I expect it would've got in 3 years time.

Edited by XLjedi

On 10/9/2018 at 1:01 AM, XLjedi said:

Well...  kudos to anyone who would be insane enough to do it!

Well, I'm not insane, I'd love to do it, but I guess it's really boring, no story to add, just straight KM's under water.

But I might be wrong . . . :ph34r:

Try this for insanity :cool:

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.