I give up

DoToH

I don't play KSP since 1.0.4 (june?). In fact, I installed 1.0 to 1.0.4 just for testing purposes. My playing save is in 0.90 (and I don't play it any more). Got tired. Same bugs again and again, no performance optimization, memory leaks, ...

Still don't understand why, but downloaded and installed 1.0.5. Maybe I'm just idiot. Maybe I believed the " Over 100 issues were fixed" that Harvester posted.

So:

1- Launch the game

2- Go to VAB

3- Mk1-2 commmand pod

4- Add MK-16 XL parachute

5- Add Rockomax decoupler and remove it from staging to test the feature

6- Add orange tank

7- Add Skipper

8- Press Launch!!

9- ...!!

TqxS9t5.jpg

10- Call me back when you finish the game, Squad.

That's the problem. Kerbals were added automatically to the first command pod (IIRC). If I'm not wrong, they changed that behaviour or it didn't work for me.

Are you sure the root part was the command pod? If it's added later it doesn't get crewed automatically.

Fresh install, started new sandbox save without changing any option. Still can't understand why it didn't fill the crew.

Maybe the funny guys are right and I don't know how to launch a single ship like I did before in 0.18, 0.19, 0.20, 0.21, 0.22, 0.23, 0.23.5, 0.24, 0.25, 0.90, 1.0 and 1.0.X

Forget it. I'm not in the mood to do further testing and read easy jokes.

Mods, please close this thread.

Edited by DoToH

I dont understand how someone is ok with the complexities of designing a simulated rocket using real-world physics and aerospace design principles...yet ask them to select a crew prior to launch, and they throw up their hands in frustration and give up.

This isn't a joke, it's a legimate puzzlement on my part at threads such as this. Are these "issues" really such a big deal??

Are you sure the root part was the command pod? If it's added later it doesn't get crewed automatically.

I agree, maybe this is his problem ...

I for my part always add the command pod as the first item of a new ship ....

and it get automatically filled to capacity

Or perhaps he uses mods that mess with the mechanic

Wait, do you mean command pods don't get auto-filled with kerbals anymore? That's wonderful news! I've always been annoyed at the kerbals that sneak into the command pods right before launch without asking me first!

*coughJEBcough*

My command pods always have a Kerbal in them. I don't get why yours doesn't, but I kind of doubt it is because there's something wrong with the game.

But hey, if adding crew when there is none (and the game has warned you that there is none) is too much trouble, this probably isn't the game for you.

Actually, no. The truth is, you sound like you've thrown a fit over nothing. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be insulting, but you are making way too big a deal about what is an incredibly minor problem.