Kerbal boat program

RocketSquid

1.0.5 gave us re-calibrated buoyancy. Now I propose...

The Kerbal Boat program!

This thread is meant for the design, discussion and sharing of boats. Buoyancy is pretty easy, just slap on some empty tanks or structural fuselages. Propulsion is harder, you'll need jets or some bizarre strut configuration using KAS.:P Once we get that figured out, it's just a matter of building, improving, and immensely, hilariously overdoing it.

So let's get boating!:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
I have made 3 boats so far, 2 jet propelled, and one made using KAX electric propellers. All of them are slow, so I'm working on new propulsion methods, or new ways to decrease drag. I'll post screenshots soon. Additionally, I'm working on an aircraft carrier, and a flagship.

[quote name='RocketSquid']I have made 3 boats so far, 2 jet propelled, and one made using KAX electric propellers. All of them are slow, so I'm working on new propulsion methods, or new ways to decrease drag. I'll post screenshots soon. Additionally, I'm working on an aircraft carrier, and a flagship.[/QUOTE]
wings?

Hydrofoil development is continuing smoothly. This one reaches 14 m/s with full tanks. Uses KAX engines, and this one has some modded parts inside of the cargo bay. Working on a full-stock version.

Spoiler

Sorry about the aerodynamic overlay.

BwVQD1E.png

Capabilities
Max speed: 14 m/s with all tanks full and moderate cargo load.
Crew capacity: 6 in cockpit and cabin, 4-8 in cargo bay
Fuel: about 500 Liquid fuel, No oxidizer

This was primarily meant to see if largish hydrofoils were practical. For comparison, a similar boat without hydrofoils has a top speed of about 4 m/s.

Edited by RocketSquid
Fixing BBcode

I have 2 subs id like to show off that are STOCK! I have 2 mods installed just one of the mods I did use on one of the videos though is RasterPropMonitor for a more interactive hud and the other one affected my max cap 400 was the stock cap I just forgot to set it to that still worked though :/

here they both are :D

[B][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR="#FF0000"]SPECS:
MAX CAP: 3 KERBALS
TOP SPEED 28 M/S
APROX 6.3 TONS
APROX 150/400 units of fuel[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B](I forgot I had a mod installed that affected the stock cap)
[video=youtube;oYiBBcTUTHo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYiBBcTUTHo[/video]

[B][SIZE=3][FONT=Arial Black][COLOR="#FF0000"]SPECS:
MAX CAP: 66 KERBALS
TOP SPEED: 16 M/S DECENDING | 40 M/S ASENDING
768.4 TONS
13,000 UNITS OF FUEL[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
[video=youtube;IRxE818F1d0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRxE818F1d0[/video] Edited by Lego8_bit

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.