Fallout 4 Bethesda....Bethesda Never Changes

MajorGosnell

https://youtu.be/Wgh6Gg8X1mQ Took the leap against my better judgement today,picked up Fallout 4,never been a big fan of Bethesdas style,and yet again they didnt disapoint,poor graphics,anexceptionally rubber looking baby,poor a.i pathfinding and horible voice acting.Character creater was about the only redeeming feature.Having spent 400 hours in The Witcher 3,i cant fathom how bethesda put such little effort into what could potentially be their biggest franchise.

Wait for a sale,at the moment its not worth it.

"I hate the series but bought the game anyway and didn't like it."

I've put about 4 hours into the game and loved every minute. I fully expect to love the next 4, and the 4 after that, and onward until I complete the game. For the 3rd time or so. Just like I did Fallout 3. Liking 3 was actually why I bought Fallout 4. Because I knew I'd like it.

Similarly, I didn't like Madden when I tried it. So I didn't buy any more from the franchise. Same with Call of Duty, Borderlands, and the Elder Scrolls games (Yes, the Elder scrolls games). I realized that whatever they did for people, they didn't do it for me so why waste my money and time doing something that I know I won't like?

My Fallout 4 crashes every 5 to 10 minutes :(

While it is up and running though it looks great and runs nice and smooth. It runs great right up until it crashes, lol. It reminds me of the line: "He's in perfect health apart from the fact that he's dead". I've spent too many hours today and late last night trying different things to no avail -- it looks like I just need to wait for more patches or new drivers. My computer exceeds all of the recommended system requirements (I get 60+ FPS at 2560x1440 resolution and ultra settings, the hardware is not running hot at all and all my other games have no issues).

My Fallout 4 crashes every 5 to 10 minutes :(

While it is up and running though it looks great and runs nice and smooth. It runs great right up until it crashes, lol. It reminds me of the line: "He's in perfect health apart from the fact that he's dead". I've spent too many hours today and late last night trying different things to no avail -- it looks like I just need to wait for more patches or new drivers. My computer exceeds all of the recommended system requirements (I get 60+ FPS at 2560x1440 resolution and ultra settings, the hardware is not running hot at all and all my other games have no issues).

Could be a driver problem, or maybe something else. It could be F4 itself... Or the OS.

There are many possibilities.

I would use a console, if I had the ability to get one.

I would try lowering the graphics.

Also, check out if there's an error log in the files.

I'm playing on Ultra graphics on a(n expensive gaming) laptop and the game ran about 4 solid hours before I exited cleanly, with no sign of crashing. I even alt-tabbed out a few times to use other things on the computer. I was also recording the gameplay at the time.

Unrelated to that, I am amused that the biggest complaint seems to be that it's "Just like Fallout 3." That's what I (and I think a lot of others) WANTED.

I find it horrible to play with it's key setup, mostly locked of course, as usual

I haven't got to the crafting part yet because I don't enjoy playing it but I'm fairly sure I won't be able to use that at all without going back to the default controls

there was a mod that came out for Skyrim almost straight away fort those of us left handers that like to use the right hand side of the keyboard but it seems unlikely this time round, the controls are truly hardcoded instead of just being locked inside a .BSA file.

I really hate Bethesda's design decisions, and they seem to be striving for the worlds worst user interface, with each successive game it gets worse and the options are pitiful, locked keys, no brightness controls, no colour blind options.

lots of little things that could be fixed in an afternoon.

Edited by MartGonzo

Mate if you are complaining about graphics than you are talking about the wrong series. Aside from the ascetics the only other complaint you have is about the ai which if I'm not mistaken is pretty stock standard these days. Fallout has always taken gameplay over graphics.

Since Witcher 3 showed that great gameplay and great graphics doesnt exclude each other it feels bad to play something like Fallout 4, it simply feels like the developers dint care and tried to save money while making the game. They just made it good enough for console...

But the gameplay isnt that much fun.

Combat lacks feedback,dodgy blood effects aswell

Story is Weak

And it feels like they chucked on survival elements on a whim.

Apparently the game is not for you. Some people love it, other people do not. It is unrealistic to pretend it is a bad game if so many people love it and it gets consistently rated rather well. You just belong to the group of people that does not like it.

My main gripe with Bethesda is that all the games feel alike. I played Fallout 3 for more hours than I care to admit, but got burned out eventually. Skyrim felt a lot like Fallout 3 again, and I am afraid Fallout 4 might not be very different. Then again, the quality is consistently high.

Edited by Camacha

I find it horrible to play with it's key setup, mostly locked of course, as usual

I haven't got to the crafting part yet because I don't enjoy playing it but I'm fairly sure I won't be able to use that at all without going back to the default controls

there was a mod that came out for Skyrim almost straight away fort those of us left handers that like to use the right hand side of the keyboard but it seems unlikely this time round, the controls are truly hardcoded instead of just being locked inside a .BSA file.

What do you mean exactly? You can set the controls in the configuration screen.

What do you mean exactly? You can set the controls in the configuration screen.

Many of the controls are hardcoded for example Tab is hardcoded to back, R is hardcoded for transfer

remapping E to Enter breaks various other menus, remapping the movement controls to the arrow keys as I do with every other game breaks the crafting menus, the numpad is entirely locked and various other things, basically the usual console port **** that us left handers have to deal with in many games, but Bethesda is by far the worst for this.

The guns certainly feel a lot better than they did in Fallout 3. I remember having to use V.A.T.S. all the time because I couldn't hit anything. Now I only use it for fast targets like Feral Ghouls.

As for graphics, they're good enough. The game will look amazing with some texture and shader mods.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.