Help: Bring me up to speed

duckunlimited2

Hi guys,

So, I\'ve been on hiatus for a couple of months due to other things getting priority over KSP. But the good thing is I have a whole summer to mess with KSP. Problem is I have no idea what the latest mods are and need help getting back up to speed. I\'m cleaning out my old parts and ship saves files for a fresh start and to get rid of the clutter.

So what I exactly need is:

1. The most basic part kits (like c7 for aviation); I need a basic rocket kit, satellite kit, lander kit, etc,

2. The must have plug-ins like mechjeb, etc

3. Other revolutionary parts not found in the basic part kits (like the cart, and sunbeam)

4. anything else I might need to have

Also, I probably need a rundown on some of the in game features that have been released since v14. :)

Here\'s some basic info on what\'s happened since .14:

• C7 and NovaSilisko were added to the dev team

• C7\'s aviation pack became part of the stock game, and a runway and hangar were put in

•A new moon known as Minmus was added as a secret feature in .15

• A new map screen feature that shows if you\'re going to intercept the Mun, go into solar orbit, etc

• The .16 update was also announced, bringing EVAs and IVAs, but hasn\'t come out yet.

• Multiple other new features I can\'t think of off the top of my head.

Some mod/plugin suggestions:

• All of Nova\'s stuff

• The Kosmos SSPP for satellites

• Carts

• Mechjeb

• The fixed camera plugin

• Novapunch for rocketry

• Maybe Zoxygen if you\'re into managing life support; I don\'t use it, but a lot of people do.

For extra fun you\'ll probably want DYJ\'s Damned Aerospace and Damned Robotics mod packs, in addition to those listed above. You can\'t go wrong with the BigTrak/Cuttlefish lander-fairing set as well.

And for some old-school-yet-new thrills, there\'s that bunch that\'s hidden away on SomethingAwful forums. I linked it in some other threads but I\'ll try to track it down and post that link here too.

Here\'s some basic info on what\'s happened since .14:

• C7 and NovaSilisko were added to the dev team

• C7\'s aviation pack became part of the stock game, and a runway and hangar were put in

• A new moon known as Minmus was added as a secret feature in .15

• A new map screen feature that shows if you\'re going to intercept the Mun, go into solar orbit, etc

• The .16 update was also announced, bringing EVAs and IVAs, but hasn\'t come out yet.

• Multiple other new features I can\'t think of off the top of my head.

Some mod/plugin suggestions:

• All of Nova\'s stuff

• The Kosmos SSPP for satellites

• Carts

• Mechjeb

• The fixed camera plugin

• Novapunch for rocketry

• Maybe Zoxygen if you\'re into managing life support; I don\'t use it, but a lot of people do.

Good post, but for some reason I have difficulty finding all these mods. I think I know where Novapunch is, and I have MechJeb, but I can\'t find the rest. Links would be awesome :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.