KSP on Consoles?

thesmokindeist

I have read somewhere that KSP is coming out on the different console systems and I was wondering what people knew about that. While release dates are never certain--I know that things can change, or be delayed, ... However, it would be cool if someone has a rough guess at when a release for the different systems are planned. (Again, I know that things can change.)

It is cool to see how this game has been growing in popularity. I have been playing the demo for quite a while and I was really happy to finally be able to buy the full game. I wish Squad and the KSP team a lot of luck in getting this game out in more formats. While as players, we care deeply about the game and we continue to look forward to seeing this game grow and I know that for the developers, getting paid for their efforts allows them to continue to develop this and more great games. Console releases could be a good thing--handled well--and can continue to increase the popularity of the game. I set this game along Minecraft in terms of it's potential for both profit for the company and enjoyment of the players. Both games also tie heavily in their user's creativity and I think that is one of the big draws of these games for us--to tap into our imaginations as we build stuff and have fun.

Edited by thesmokindeist
Poor grammer...sheesh

Squad hasn't given us much information on the console versions of the game other than that they're planning on releasing it for the PS4, Xbox One, and Wii U, and that they're working with another studio (Flying Tiger) who is doing all the work porting the game to the consoles.

We don't have any information on how the console versions will compare with the PC version, or when they might be released. I would venture a rough guess that they will be released relatively soon after the 1.1 update since the devnotes have alluded to the fact that the console versions are being built from the Unity 5 development version of the game, not the current release version we have now.

Squad has said that the Unity 5 update is taking longer than they anticipated (which is why we just got the 1.0.5 interim update), but I would guess that early next year would be a reasonable timeframe, although there's always the possibility that they'll surprise everyone with a Christmas release.

• 6 months later...
13 hours ago, Deltathiago98 said:

PS3 or Xvox 360 will be powerful enough to run the ksp? what do you think (Obviously, with low graphics...) 

Squad, MS and Sony seem to think so, but what do they know?

15 hours ago, Deltathiago98 said:

PS3 or Xvox 360 will be powerful enough to run the ksp? what do you think (Obviously, with low graphics...) 

PS4 and One, not PS3 and 360. Main issue is not graphic or cpu but memory, we all know KSP is memory intensive and they have only 512 MB total, PS3 is worse because it only have 256 MB system memory, that is less than 1/10 of that you got in 32 bit KSP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.