Some things I'd like to see in a later update

I'd like to see scorch marks on the ground produced by engines; scorch marks on parts that get blasted by engines; metal crumpling on impact instead of exploding; (maybe) craters produced by crashes; some form of line-of-sight communications; reflective windows that still are compatible with part highlighting and reentry fire; reentry scorches and leaves burn marks on parts; burning heat shields change color from brown to black; hot parts hitting water produce steam as they cool; more reasonable asteroid distribution (implementation of Custom Asteroids), optional texture switching of the SLS parts to the newer proposed paint scheme; some sort of engine ignition limitation; more realistic fuel density; better "tiny rocket" sound that doesn't sound (IMHO) really annoying; a less jarring space center background noise; more variety in the construction and space music; a stock implementation of Chatterer; more useful IVA instruments (ASET, I'm looking at you...).

Heat shields do go black already, but it might just be Ven Stock Revamp behavior. LoS communications will be coming in 1.1, but everything else sounds awesome! Crumpling for parts might hurt performance, and then fuel leakage would have to be accounted, so I doubt that would happen.

Action Groups

* Locking & Unlocking Fuel Tanks

Bugs

* Control surfaces work inverted when attached to parts that are in front of CoM.

Utilities

Remap joystick axes and buttons in-game.

Make Portait Stats stock.

In SPH have the ability to view aerodynamic forces applied on parts (Like in a wind tunnel)

Difficutly options

Solar panels and batteries degrade over time

I see how crumpling parts would hurt performance; the models' tricount would balloon every time something hit the ground. Fuel leakage would actually probably be pretty easy to simulate though; just decrement the fuel amount in the affected part by a set rate every fixedUpdate.

Heat shields do go black already, but it might just be Ven Stock Revamp behavior. LoS communications will be coming in 1.1, but everything else sounds awesome! Crumpling for parts might hurt performance, and then fuel leakage would have to be accounted, so I doubt that would happen.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.