Heating of pre 1.0.5 ships

Something odd came though.

Yesterday I was testing my usual recoverable launcher. I put a testing rocket on the pad, fired it, deorbit and splash. I notices airebrakes would have blown, engines overheating... That was in Sandbox.

This evenig, I came back to my career save an noticed I had an on going mission (that's not odd) which I dodn't dorbit it's launch stage. So I do it.

Then I noticed no heating and KER said the critical temp was at 15%. Airbrakes didn't blow.

Surely I'll do some more testing. My mods are really basic with default config (MJ, KER, KAC, KJR...) nothing too fancy.

Did you noticed that ? What could be the cause ?

OK, I found it. This was tricky. It's a bug of KSP when the KSP.exe is launched without forcing the "run folder" to KSP folder.

When I start KSP with the launcher or directly from the folder or with a shortcut, it works fine. But when I launch it with my Windows 10 warpper (TileCreator) which doesn't handle "run folder" heat management is off (especially the convection flux data)

For example, if I remove the physics.cfg and run the game wit TileCreator, the Physics.cfg file is NOT recreated, even the game seems to run correctly (except for heat management). Mods aren't damaged by this glitch and the game never crashed.

Probably the game forces the run folder quite soon, but some parameters seems to be initialized before that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.