Tracking Center Visual Bug FULLSCREEN

I'm using a completely fresh install of KSP version 1.0.5. No mods installed. If you use full screen mode on OSX I was getting visual bugs in the Tracking center. The bug is not seen while in Map mode during flight. (At least if landed at the launch pad).

System Specs

OSX ElCapitan (Updated last night but also experienced this on Yosemite).

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2011)

Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory: 10 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6490M 256 MB

Workaround:

Run your game in windowed mode or with a screen resolution that matches your monitor. This prevents the UI from being stretched causing the graphical glitches.

Related post but for linux: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/138814-Bug-in-Tracking-Station-1-05

Screenshot%202015-11-12%2013.52.06.png

Screenshot%202015-11-12%2014.05.21.png

Mods: Can you add this to the list of known issues. The cause of this bug was incredibly difficult to track down: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92228

Switching from Mission control to Tracking Center. Player.log

Marker - Nov 12, 2015, 2:15:11 PM
Flight State Captured

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/MacStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Saving Achievements Tree...

(Filename: /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/MacStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Game State Saved to saves/Test world/persistent

[HighLogic]: =========================== Scene Change : From SPACECENTER to TRACKSTATION =====================

UnloadTime: 7.656430 ms
Unloading 2 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 1805 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 114236.
Total: 200.840576 ms (FindLiveObjects: 6.915610 ms CreateObjectMapping: 6.731262 ms MarkObjects: 178.499588 ms DeleteObjects: 8.614476 ms)

Related bug report: http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/5929

Edited by Fido488
Adds related bug report.

• 2 weeks later...
I can confirm this issue when I play full screen. Played for for days without any issue, and suddenly, a new session of gaming shifted the tracking station image to the right.
If I switch to window mode, the tracking station view is working correct. Edited by boborene

I get this if I get the system to push the game in to full screen but find if I get the game settings to push itself in to fullscreen.
The bonus is I don't get full screen / windowed dance each time I start the game anymore.

Although I did have to make sure screen res matched.

You'd think software could talk to each other and get these things right without me needing to do it manually?

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, confirm I get this too at fullscreen. Unless the game resolution matches the system resolution, in which case all looks fine. Was starting to think my graphics card was failing...

iMac 27" late 2009, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB

Edited by Raptor831
Specs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think I found part of the cause of this issue.  The problem appears for me when I force opengl with the command line option.  It goes away when I use directx (default).  Of course, that's not an option for me since I'm using Win32 and like to use mods.  I tested this with a clean install and no mods.  It will be interesting to see if it's fixed in 1.1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.