Kerbal Space Center Ultimate Race

RussaX

I honestly think three tonne cars are absurd. :P

Either way, I'm making one.

Edit: 3 tonne test car pulls a lap of 58 seconds, I'd say that's respectable for only having 4 surfaces and 2 RCS ports. ;-) Edited by Kyrian

Hey Kyrian, good to see you back :) Once 1.1 hits, we're in for a good time haha

As far as it used to be, camber almost always resulted in making things infinitely more unstable, but i'll give some a go and see if a little stance can make things better.

On 26.11.2015. 22:49:25, GROOV3ST3R said:

I'm trying to bring my car to 1.1 spec, it's bang on with weight but is actually slower than my old one for straight line speed?....

It's to do with more/larger parts that need shrouding and aerodynamics. So it only does 22m/s without boost (up to 25m/s due to L2 wheel derp). But 2 tanks and 10 thrusters will see it to nearly 46m/s or so - and make it damn near impossible to turn a corner without flipping.

1.1 can't come soon enough. I want proper handling wheels, badly.

TR-2L have a good grip. Yeah with top speed you can flip car very easily so car design and aerodinamycs are important.

Edited by RussaX

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.