Please remove the 1.0.5 added explosions when decoupling and ignite the next stage

I agree. First time it happened to me, I automatically went into "got to get the Kerman out of there" mode. Jettisoned the capsule, hit the escape motors, only to witness another small explosion. I then realized that yes, my escape system worked exactly as designed BUT it was an unnecessary jettison... :huh:

I play RO, and when real life rockets separate (in RO), they don't explode either, with 1.0.5 settings. :)
(It's due to the MOAR BOOSTERS crowd over-TWRing their stages, and not using separation motors, and instant throttling, that the blowups happen--if, in real life, you put some metal directly under a powerful rocket engine, it'd slag fairly instantly too.)

Now, that's not to say I won't be looking into this for 1.1--I will be. But please don't claim the physics are wrong as the reason it should be looked at. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.