Contextual Contracts... has anyone seen them?

Alshain

I've got many assets in space now, nearly done with my tech tree, and yet I have not seen one of these mythical contextual contracts. Has anyone seen them yet? What do they look like, what specifically am I looking for? Anyone have a screenshot? As I recall, even the streamers in pre-release couldn't find them.

I've got many assets in space now, nearly done with my tech tree, and yet I have not seen one of these mythical contextual contracts. Has anyone seen them yet? What do they look like, what specifically am I looking for? Anyone have a screenshot? As I recall, even the streamers in pre-release couldn't find them.

They were lies!!!!

I got one so far, to change orbit of a Mun sat.

It should be pointed out that the probability of getting one of those increases with the number of vessels up there ( NathanKell said so , atleast ), so I would not be surprised if they would be rare if you have only one or two ships active ...

Contracts.cfg:

Base // Outpost Construction Contracts

ContextualChance = 75 // The maximum chance for an outpost expansion request

ContextualAssets = 2 // The amount of outposts required on the planet to reach that chance

Satellite // Satellite Deployment Contract

ContextualChance = 50 // The maximum chance for a satellite adjustment or network request

ContextualAssets = 2 // The amount of satellites required on non-home planets to reach that chance

ContextualHomeAssets = 4 // The amount of satellites required on the home planet to reach that chance

Station // Station Construction Contracts

ContextualChance = 75 // The maximum chance for a station expansion request

ContextualAssets = 2 // The amount of stations required around the planet to reach that chance

Survey // Survey Contracts

ContextualChance = 50 // The maximum chance for a contextual survey trail request

ContextualAssets = 2 // The amount of ground assets required on the planet to reach that chance

You mean, "Where are they?".

When are they (come on, think fourth dimensional!)

- - - Updated - - -

Contracts.cfg:

So should that mean that once you have 4 there is a 50% change to get one? If thats the case, then for me it is NOT working as intended.

- - - Updated - - -

So should that mean that once you have 4 there is a 50% change to get one? If thats the case, then for me it is NOT working as intended.

There is another conditions:

MaximumAvailable = 3 // The maximum amount of inactive satellite contracts in Mission Control

May be rejecting other satellite contracts should help to create contextual satellite contract.

And I think the value is not measured in percentages.

Edited by sergioberg

I'm not all that far into career mode, and I've already seen two: one asked me to go take a temperature reading at a site I had previously been to because the last mission "detected some temperature anomalies" and the second asked me to adjust the orbit of a satellite I had sent up for the Mun flyby mission.

Edited by Sidereus

- - - Updated - - -

I was going to say that XD but I figured it was too off topic (actually my quote would've been "WHEN the hell are they?").

Those chances are body dependent, and remember that the body is still chosen depending on a variety of factors including your progression. So you might have four satellites on Kerbin, but have visited six other planets. This means you have a 50% chance of seeing a contextual on Kerbin, but all other planets you have visited will still ask for new assets until they have some on them. It's hard to modify a vessel that is not there. :P

I've had reposition satellite contracts and a couple of contracts asking for temperature surveys on Minmus near two of my landed probes. The temperature surveys change as you go, asking you to look in one spot and then adding a new site to check once you've done the first one.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.