Ksp 1.0.5 hydroplane boat building challenge

should i try and make a hydroplane mod  

19 members have voted

1. 1. should i try and make a hydroplane mod

So far i have not seen many boats made in 1.0.5 none at all actually. So i want to see some boats made, and not just any type of boat i want to see some H1 unlimited hydroplanes. u11-15madison2.jpg

These boats can go up 200 mph, which means only 89 m/s :cool:.

I challenge anyone who reads this thread to try and make one of these boats, but the specifications are

*the boat has to go over 100 m/s (that is the max speed it can go the minimum speed is 70 m/s)

*it can actually float

*try to keep the weight close to 4 tons

have fun and happy building :):cool:.

Edited by Endevours

So far i have not seen many boats made in 1.0.5 none at all actually. So i want to see some boats made, and not just any type of boat i want to see some H1 unlimited hydroplanes. http://www.h1unlimited.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/u11-15madison2.jpg

These boats can go up 200 mph, which means only 89 m/s :cool:.

I challenge anyone who reads this thread to try and make one of these boats, but the specifications are

*the boat has to go over 100 m/s

*it can actually float

*try to keep the weight close to 4 tons

have fun and happy building :):cool:.

I'm still in 1.0.4 but I did this by putting a plane in the water.

Simply put a rocket with wings in the water. That should do the trick.

Alright, Here's a hydroplane:

wIINsE2.png

Yeah. That's 50% power. For a good reason. The thing reached 115 at full power before violently hydro-disintegrating. If you add wing surfaces in the wrong places at full power, it TAKES OFF. and REACHES THE SPEED OF SOUND.

It is worth noting that even 50% power is still 4 times what real ones get. The real ones are much slicker in the water and have rounded surfaces that allow them to essentially fly on barely more than spray.

Edited by Pds314

Alright, Here's a hydroplane:

http://i.imgur.com/wIINsE2.png

Yeah. That's 50% power. For a good reason. The thing reached 115 at full power before violently hydro-disintegrating. If you add wing surfaces in the wrong places at full power, it TAKES OFF. and REACHES THE SPEED OF SOUND.

It is worth noting that even 50% power is still 4 times what real ones get. The real ones are much slicker in the water and have rounded surfaces that allow them to essentially fly on barely more than spray.

well not exactly there is times when the hydroplane decides it wants to be a plane... it doesn't work at all.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2015, 7:35:30, 073198681 said:

I know that this doesn't have much to do with the actual topic, but "Should I try and make a hydroplane mod" is the first question a viewer sees when going on this post.

...Procedural hydroplanes?

Am I being annoying?

I think I should calm down a little...

its not really a question its a poll...

On 11/26/2015, 1:47:52, 322997am said:

Can I make ha hydrofoil?

also no you have to make a hydroplane. that is the point of the challenge you have to make something that works like a hydroplane and looks like a hydroplane =D (remember you can use mods)

Edited by Endevours

187 m/s from a Wheesley and a couple Junos.  At this speed the slightest course change makes the pontoons disassemble front to back.

I just noticed that the front of the near pontoon must have came off at the exact moment I took this screenshot.

mW3iixi.png

Edited by SasquatchM
Noticed damage

A capable hydro foil, a previous iteration would reach 200 m/s, but it wasn't a success as deceleration only has one result.  Deconstruction.  This iteration cruses nicely at. 94 m/s and can reach upwards of 150m/s and still decelerate if done correctly without going end over end.

screenshot371_zpshcxxzdwk.png
screenshot368_zps6soriwgv.png

15 hours ago, herpderpmcderp said:

A capable hydro foil, a previous iteration would reach 200 m/s, but it wasn't a success as deceleration only has one result.  Deconstruction.  This iteration cruses nicely at. 94 m/s and can reach upwards of 150m/s and still decelerate if done correctly without going end over end.

screenshot371_zpshcxxzdwk.png
screenshot368_zps6soriwgv.png

why is it people want to make hydrofoils when the challenge is to make a HYDROPLANE!!!!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.