[DISCONTINUED] C.A.L++ (Community Ammunition Library for BDArmory)

Acea

pPE7gt1.png

C.A.L++ has been abandoned, since all its contents has been merged into BDArmory Continued.

Old users could still keep the ammo box, I'd keep that part in NAS as a legacy.

The Community Ammunition Library is a BDArmory addon that acts as a shared resource between several BDArmory addons, containing a common ammunition definition file and ammo boxes for many of the added ammunition types.

This addon, originally created by LORDPrometheus who is recently away, is now under my maintenance(with the name C.A.L++). It'll be handed back to Prometheus as soon as he comes back to forum.

I'll receive requests about new ammo types and boxes via PM, just give me the resource definitions and additionally, the ammo box capacities. If you have a whole new pack and want to add a lot of new stuff, requesting a new resource file is okay too.

Installation:

Delete the existing CAL folder in your GameData and extract new CAL in.

Download:

SpaceDock

Addons using C.A.L now:

P.E.W, by LORDPrometheus
North Kerbin Dynamics, by harpwner
NAS, by Acea and the Kerwis group

Firespitter plugin was released under Snjo's custom license.

Edited by Acea
Stopped all support

I assume this is due for CKANning in the foreseeable future?

Basically this is towards developers making BDA weapons. Players won't need it until a necessary update or bug fix comes, and developers can redistribute it.

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, Immaculatepasta said:

Until the kerbalstuff link gets replaced, this download works: https://janbrohl.pythonanywhere.com/ckan/CommunityAmmunitionLibrary/0.0.3

This version's too old and you can get the latest version in NAS (see my signature). I'd provide a separate download soon

EDIT: Added SpceDock link

Edited by Acea

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The only thing that shows up is to Re-Scale the ammo box, its just a prop item in my game :(

If I uninstall TweakScale, nothing pops up when I right click the box.

Edited by Kevinb2
add-on to descriptive features

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, andreasblom said:

it seems like the ammounts of ammo in the box are too little, how would I go about fixing this?

Hi take  a look in the universal ammo cfg and find the lines in the spoiler below

Spoiler

resourceNames =Empty;50CalAmmo;20x102Ammo;CannonShells;30x173Ammo;25x137Ammo;23x115Ammo;7.62x39Ammo;TungstenShell;5/62Shell;40x53Ammo;30x165Ammo;ATRocket;M65ShellAmmo;20x163Ammo;40x311Ammo;37mmFlaKAmmo;54cmMortarShells;3inchShells

resourceAmounts = 0; 500; 320; 5; 120; 180; 200; 800; 8; 6; 90; 270; 24; 1; 300; 100; 100; 1; 40

Each value in the resourceNames section  has a corresponding  quantity in the resourceAmounts section . As an example taken from above , 50call ammo 500 shells,   cannon shells 5. and 37mmflak ammo 100  . Change the values under resource amount to increase the ammo capacity

11 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi take  a look in the universal ammo cfg and find the lines in the spoiler below

Hide contents

resourceNames =Empty;50CalAmmo;20x102Ammo;CannonShells;30x173Ammo;25x137Ammo;23x115Ammo;7.62x39Ammo;TungstenShell;5/62Shell;40x53Ammo;30x165Ammo;ATRocket;M65ShellAmmo;20x163Ammo;40x311Ammo;37mmFlaKAmmo;54cmMortarShells;3inchShells

resourceAmounts = 0; 500; 320; 5; 120; 180; 200; 800; 8; 6; 90; 270; 24; 1; 300; 100; 100; 1; 40

Each value in the resourceNames section  has a corresponding  quantity in the resourceAmounts section . As an example taken from above , 50call ammo 500 shells,   cannon shells 5. and 37mmflak ammo 100  . Change the values under resource amount to increase the ammo capacity

thank you for this

1 hour ago, andreasblom said:

May I distribute my slightly modified C.A.L.++ if I give credit to you?

I won't recommend it, but follow my license and it'll be okay.

BTW if you're talking about the resource amount, check out description of that ammo box and it supports TweakScale.

Edited by Acea

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@Acea Hiya, what state is the current version in? Is the version on Spacedock the latest?   It's time for me to do the switch before updating a dozen mods, so don't want to be using out of date cfg's.  (i see co author invite on spacedock  thanks)

Cheers

On 29/10/2016 at 10:11 PM, Nick233 said:

Good work! Also Kal on Russian language means, emm.... Poop. XD

But technically it's an acronym so C.A.L  not cal,    but a useful bit of info my kids found hilarious  :)

On 2016/11/24 at 10:08 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

@Acea Hiya, what state is the current version in? Is the version on Spacedock the latest?   It's time for me to do the switch before updating a dozen mods, so don't want to be using out of date cfg's.  (i see co author invite on spacedock  thanks)

Cheers

Yeah it's the latest version

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, Thej said:

Hey i dont know where i should install this, should i put it into the gamedata, or a file in the game data

Hi, install it just like any other mod,  unzip the folder and place the CAL folder into GameData. Do not install the firespitter or module manager if they are still included in the DL as there are more recent compatible versions available

HI all , as part of the latest round of BDAc enhancements bullets and shells can be assigned a penetration value along with a resource value. It is laid out in a file called bullets cfg and should follow the format below

BULLET
{
    name = 7.7mmBullet   // your bullet name
    positiveCoefficient = 0.2 // do not change manipulated by code
    penetration
    {
        key = 0 13          // value = range   penetration
        key = 10 12
        key = 100 8
        key = 500 6
        key = 1000 5
        key = 1500 3
        key = 2000 2   // max effective range value, yes i know it seems low at 2000 but the code does the rest
    }
}

Now i've made a start for SM Armory and BDAc and CAL but there are some shell types in CAL I have no clue about or can't find info on.

SO if you've described a shell type could you provide some penetration info , for now i can work off the max intended at ideal range , I have something worked out with the unity curve editor that gives a resemblance of real behaviour while keeping it real for KSP.

I've just taken the invite for CAL thanks, and will very soon be adding the first of the bullet cfg's to CAL as they are required to get the best out of the most recent BDAc versions

Cheers

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

On 2017/2/5 at 4:58 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI all , as part of the latest round of BDAc enhancements bullets and shells can be assigned a penetration value along with a resource value. It is laid out in a file called bullets cfg and should follow the format below

BULLET
{
    name = 7.7mmBullet   // your bullet name
    positiveCoefficient = 0.2 // do not change manipulated by code
    penetration
    {
        key = 0 13          // value = range   penetration
        key = 10 12
        key = 100 8
        key = 500 6
        key = 1000 5
        key = 1500 3
        key = 2000 2   // max effective range value, yes i know it seems low at 2000 but the code does the rest
    }
}

Now i've made a start for SM Armory and BDAc and CAL but there are some shell types in CAL I have no clue about or can't find info on.

SO if you've described a shell type could you provide some penetration info , for now i can work off the max intended at ideal range , I have something worked out with the unity curve editor that gives a resemblance of real behaviour while keeping it real for KSP.

I've just taken the invite for CAL thanks, and will very soon be adding the first of the bullet cfg's to CAL as they are required to get the best out of the most recent BDAc versions

Cheers

That'd be sweet. I've been away for a while but I'd concentrated on penetration data before that, and seems you've done a great job.

Uploaded a new version introducing new KSP resource definition format, and hope that won't break your workflow.

Edited by Acea

• 3 months later...

So im getting a nice confusing set of errors, when i install CAL, game crashes while loading, when i delete the firespitter folder, game is fine but the universal ammo box doesn't have the resource thing to switch between different ammo types (when i right click on it, only scale from tweakscale shows up as an option)

plz help me D:

Edited by PilotTroll