Orbital surveys not showing up in Tracking Station

Hi there.

I have a problem with orbital surveys. I can see them through the overlay of the Orbital Scanner, but when I go in the Tracking Station it's not showing up, telling me that I need to make an orbital survey.

I don't think that is a problem with this save because I tried with three other saves and still isn't working.(both careers and sandbox)

I also tried a save from 1.0.4 where I made orbital surveys but even this says the same thing, but in 1.0.4 is working perfectly.

Of course I have build 1028.

Not even in the map? There are no atmosphere or ocean resources in the stock game and I don't have the community resource pack installed in my modded copy to test it.

It's likely that you need to update CRP, and there was an update today, so give it a go and if there are further issues with CRP please post it to the modded support section or to the CRP thread itself.

Well, CRP only adds the resources I think, it doesn't actually place them, that's up to others who want to add atmospheric or ocean resources to the game.

The CRP acts as a source of common resource definitions so different modders can include the same resources, instead of many different versions of the same thing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a vanilla game besides Kerbal Engineer. I am having this problem as well. I perform the survey, I transmit the data, go to TC, and nothing's there. I go back to the probe, and I can clearly see the overlays for the Mun in both third person view, and map view, but neither for Minmus. I'm wondering If I need to set up a satellite communication array first.

On 22/1/2016 at 4:46 AM, ExoSuitOne said:

I have a vanilla game besides Kerbal Engineer. I am having this problem as well. I perform the survey, I transmit the data, go to TC, and nothing's there. I go back to the probe, and I can clearly see the overlays for the Mun in both third person view, and map view, but neither for Minmus. I'm wondering If I need to set up a satellite communication array first.

Satellite communication array is definitely not vanilla.

This bug affects a lot of people (everyone, maybe?). Certainly all of my surveys in 1.0.5 don't show in the TS but do show up in the map view. So if you can't see it in the map view either, that is either odd or because your install is not vanilla.

Are you sure that in map view, you have selected Minmus as focus, popped up the resources window on the right and clicked on ore? Or done the same thing via the survey satellite with the overlay button?

Edited by Plusck

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.