At the risk of offending...

kiwi1960

...one, some or all of you.... (and I really hope its none...)

Why do all the KSP movie makers on youtube have to try and imitate Scott Manley? I know imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but...

... there can be only one Scott Manley!!!!

be yourselves, make a name for yourself... not as "that guy that tries to be Scott"

I say that with the utmost kindness and respect.

Have a nice day. :)

Having checked a few non-KSP youtubers...

No one is trying to imitate anyone. They are just all approaching the platonic ideal of a gamecentric youtuber. The closer to perfection they get the closer to each other they are. No malice, no stupidity, just enlightenment.

;)

Why do most news programs have the same setup? Why do most FPS games act very similar? Why do we drive on the right side of the road (or left if you're weird and like causing issues for global automotive corporations)?

Because it works, and it follows a format.

There are KSP youtubers out there that have different formats. Danny comes to mind. Also the cinematic movies are different.

If you can come up with a different/better format, then use it, or suggest it so another tuber can do it. But there aren't a lot of different ways to play a game with a narrative voice over.

Why do we drive on the right side of the road (or left if you're weird and like causing issues for global automotive corporations)?

Why the left?

Because we have national love of watching American and European visitors trying to cope with driving on the left AND trying to deal with our roundabouts...? :)

It's like watching someone who's drunk trying to control a rocket in KSP without SAS switched on... :D

Why the left?

Because we have national love of watching American and European visitors trying to cope with driving on the left AND trying to deal with our roundabouts...? :)

It's like watching someone who's drunk trying to control a rocket in KSP without SAS switched on... :D

After spending a few months on your tiny, yet excellent island, I have come to love roundabouts. I think most intersections should be replaced by them.

But they do work equally well in both directions.

Wait.... are you implying that England/UK (I'm assuming) is no longer part of Europe?

[quote name='kiwi1960']...Why do all the KSP movie makers on youtube have to try and imitate Scott Manley?...QUOTE]

I've been thinking of getting a You Tube account and starting a channel called "The Manly Scott", wherein I demonstrate science while playing board games. :wink:

Don't imitate Scott Manley...
- Make Jool-5 videos
- Outer Planets Mod videos,
- Drive a science truck on the Mun getting all the science from all the Biomes (maybe not only that, but a small 5min x8 timelaspse per episode then chain with something else).
- Take Brontoro's(sp? sorry man) Colonizing Laythe mission report and make a youtube series of it... with new buoyancy it should be even more doable.
- Make a grand tour video; start by building ships and putting them in orbit then assemble everything and let's go.. (not a 20 parts probe that goes everywhere, too many ppl have done it before)
- Build a Dres/Eeloo/Moho colony (places where no one hardly ever go in stock)... Eeloo might be interesting because of the challenge of distance and no easy solar power.

Do stuff that will make your channel good and post it here so we can try you out when ready.
I listed stuff I almost never see on Youtube.
Scott is Scott, but I miss his oldtypes of series like "Eve or Bust" or "Re-usable space program"...

Just posting my 2 cents worth :)

I was actually brought to KSP way back in version 0.18, just days before 0.18.2 by watching KurtJMac video about minecraft seing some KSP in suggested videos... I was big time orbiter player waaayyyy back so I wanted to give it a try.

And then I was lost :D

I quite like Scott of course, but for me Macey Dean is the star - love the story, the naration, the ships and I learned how to dock since I wanted to use that badass carrier with fighters and stuff!

For [URL="http://www.youtube.com/baconspaceprogram"]my channel[/URL], doing my own stuff at random is the most fun. There's no storyline, there's no narration, there's blatantly no effort whatsoever to adopt any cinematic post processing. It's just KSP as it is with various mods showing what's fun with each new physics update. Sometimes I get the opportunity to indulge in collaborative builds with random craft builders, or contribute example craft to mod packs and being the youtube equivalent of the tiny corner bakery keeps things sane.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.