Fuel Tanks TIMES 2 1.0.4

Minecrafter2318

Fuel Tanks TIMES 2 it is for the new people to ksp

What this mod does is that it adds the stock fuel tanks but makes them have double the resources then the stock tanks.

It has been published on KerbalStuff

Link for kerbalstuff: https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/1267/Fuel%20Tanks%20TIMES%202

Edited by Minecrafter2318

Seems like a somewhat unnecessary mod. Did you just learn how to mod and want to show off your parts, or are you simply adding more fuel to stock tanks?

- - - Updated - - -

This needs to be in the "Development" section

yes i did and i am thinking of adding new tanks soon.

By the way, if you're getting your feet wet with modding, I'd strongly recommend familiarizing yourself with ModuleManager. It's virtually ubiquitous (practically every mod out there uses it), and it has a very rich config language that lets you do amazing things without having to create new parts, models, etc.

For example, if all you want to do is alter the resource quantities without any other changes, you could create a snippet of ModuleManager config (literally, just two or three lines of text that you could bang out in a text editor in about two minutes), that codes something like this: "For every fuel tank that has a resource LiquidFuel or Oxidizer, double the amount". It would be simple, you wouldn't have to go through every tank on a tank-by-tank basis, it would be easily maintainable (since any new tanks added would get the benefit).

I looked at your mod, and it appears that you have a large directory tree with dozens of folders for all the various fuel tanks, and complete model files and config files and everything for every one of them. Aside from the amount of work involved to put all that together, it'll suck up a lot of resources (memory, mainly) on the player's computer. You could replace essentially your entire mod with a single .cfg file that has a few lines of ModuleManager config in it.

ModuleManager is your friend, it's well worth learning and doesn't require any specialized tools to use.

Edited by Snark

Ugh. Another cheat mod.
Please believe me: the parts were balanced quite good. If you want more fuel and feel like cheating, then just enable infinite fuel.

Don't think I don't like people making mods, even if it is a mod like this. But please, learn how to make mods first.

It's literally the stock fuel tanks with just twice the amount of fuel. I don't mind someone trying to get into modding but this seems both incomplete and really a bit plain unnecessary. Again, I totally support people who want to go after something and try to get better but I think this thread should just be closed, chalk it up to a learning experience, and wait to see their next mod which hopefully is a bit more substantive.

You know... My very first mod was a reconfigured RCS tank.

So while this is not the mod for me, let's take it easy on the guy.

To the OP: For what you're trying to do, Module Manager is indeed your friend as already noted. And have some rep for giving this a shot :)

[quote name='RoverDude']You know... My very first mod was a reconfigured RCS tank.

So while this is not the mod for me, let's take it easy on the guy.

To the OP: For what you're trying to do, Module Manager is indeed your friend as already noted. And have some rep for giving this a shot :)[/QUOTE]

Well said, Rover.

[quote name='Sampa']Well said, Rover.[/QUOTE]

Disagree, showed a complete lack of effort in his presentation. A very short amount of time spent browsing the add-on section would have produced a much better product than this. As I have said, kudos for sharing, but try again please.

[QUOTE=Glaran K'erman;2304691]Disagree, showed a complete lack of effort in his presentation. A very short amount of time spent browsing the add-on section would have produced a much better product than this. As I have said, kudos for sharing, but try again please.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I feel this is a classic case of a person finally figuring out how editing a .cfg file works, or learns how to model a fuel tank in Blender and is over eager to share whatever it is that they made. I've seen so many people become overly proud of themselves after learning how to edit .cfg files and/or making sub-par models and hastily publishes it as a "mod".

Having a 1x1.25 fuel tank contain double the amount fuel makes no sence in my opinion. If in real life an oil drum can hold x amount of gallons of oil, then there is no way to squize more than that into it. The same goes for the fuel tanks in the game. Their sizes are directly proportional to the amount of content that can fit within them.

People really should spend more time researching the forum for Requested Mods before spending their time making mods that are quite frankly unnecessary.

• 2 months later...

Damn, you guys are rough. LOL  New programmers are always proud of what they do and they should be.

One of the first things I did was alter a fuel tank when I first started and it served me well for a few weeks until I learned to manage my resources.

Now if I'm testing something and not playing in my real game load, I'll use HyperEdit.

It's like, "rats, I needed more juice in that battery."  So I slide the slider to add more whatever, and move on.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.