WW2 Warships 0.5.1 - Is there actually something happening? Stay tuned!

Azimech

4 hours ago, Azimech said:

Any ideas? Are YOU a wizard with names? Post them if you like.

Kerbal International Maritime Academy - KIMAC for short :D

Kerbal Ship Builder - KSB for short :D

Kerbal Ship Engineering - KSE for short

thats what i got so far :D will throw more out there if i come up with more :P

51 minutes ago, Favilin said:

Friend still the same problem , even after doing WHAT vc sent .. The following pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/Qjw8Y

i had loads of problems with the stock frigate aswell.. i ended up just building my own ship like in the tutorial.. or maybe just make a square and fill it with structure plates to help it float... just to see if you can make it work..

when i build ships i start with the base ship ans see where i need more lift or if it even floats and then i start putting in structure plates if it needs more flotation

17 hours ago, Azimech said:

I'm thinking of a name change ... this shouldn't be focused on war ships only and not only WW2. Fengist has stopped with his marine pack, I wonder if there are other active mods to build large ships.

Any ideas? Are YOU a wizard with names? Post them if you like.

Say no more...I give you...

"Floaters"

A winning name, don't you think?

I'm still looking for parts to build arctic exploration ships, brimming with scientific and robotic parts.

E.g. http://noc.ac.uk/research-at-sea/ships

I had the idea of making boat hulls out of procedural fairings a long time ago. With the Procedural Parts mod, I couldn't think of a way of extruding a hull in a realistic way - ship hulls are funny that way.

2 hours ago, Lord_Potato said:

Awesome mod, though my FPS sucks with it. Oh well, I guess I have to wait for 1.1, I guess.

Also, I tried using kerbpaint with this, but when I put it in the gamedata folder, KSP loads very slowly. How do you use it?

Yeah I should create a FAQ about this one. Inside the KerbPaint/Plugins folder there's an old version of ModuleManager. Delete that one and make sure you have the most recent version in Gamedata.

15 hours ago, viceguy said:

i had loads of problems with the stock frigate aswell.. i ended up just building my own ship like in the tutorial.. or maybe just make a square and fill it with structure plates to help it float... just to see if you can make it work..

when i build ships i start with the base ship ans see where i need more lift or if it even floats and then i start putting in structure plates if it needs more flotation

I'll test the stock frigate again, maybe I've made an error somewhere.

On 16-1-2016 at 0:36 AM, MarvinCZ said:

I think there is a bug in the "Ballast Pump IN". It generates resource "Ballast", but it should probably generate Water.

There's a reason for that: Ballast is wanted, water means you have a problem and are probably sinking. Using the same word would cause a lot of confusion.

On 16-1-2016 at 4:58 PM, Favilin said:

Friend still the same problem , even after doing WHAT vc sent .. The following pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/Qjw8Y

On 16-1-2016 at 5:51 PM, viceguy said:

Have you tried deleting the mod folder from the harddrive, download and install a fresh one? I just installed it in a fresh copy and the frigate sails fine over here.

On 1/17/2016 at 0:47 AM, Azimech said:

Yeah I should create a FAQ about this one. Inside the KerbPaint/Plugins folder there's an old version of ModuleManager. Delete that one and make sure you have the most recent version in Gamedata.

I'll test the stock frigate again, maybe I've made an error somewhere.

Ok, thanks. I'm also having the problem of the ships sinking when they hit the water, even when I turn on the pumps. Are there any step-by-step instructions for this?

Thanks in advance.

8 hours ago, Azimech said:

Hmmm ... I'd like to see a list of mods you guys have installed. Maybe there's a mod that conflicts/alters the buoyancy system.

I don't have any mods that really mess with the physics, just BD armory, weapons, your mod, and Kerbal Foundries and Infernal Robotics.

Edit: your test ship works fine, but when I try to build my own, it sinks.

Edited by Lord_Potato
explanation.

15 hours ago, Azimech said:

Hmmm ... I'd like to see a list of mods you guys have installed. Maybe there's a mod that conflicts/alters the buoyancy system.

i only have the mods you listed in the OP... it seems im just retarded with ships :D because i always need to overdo it to make it float :D

17 hours ago, Lord_Potato said:

I don't have any mods that really mess with the physics, just BD armory, weapons, your mod, and Kerbal Foundries and Infernal Robotics.

Edit: your test ship works fine, but when I try to build my own, it sinks.

3 hours ago, viceguy said:

i only have the mods you listed in the OP... it seems im just retarded with ships :D because i always need to overdo it to make it float :D

You can send your ships to me, I wouldn't mind taking a look at them, maybe change a few things and write some tips.

1 hour ago, Azimech said:

You can send your ships to me, I wouldn't mind taking a look at them, maybe change a few things and write some tips.

i might add some of them here when i get to make some with latest patch

Release of 0.4 is there. I said 0.36 earlier but this amount of changes is good enough for such a step.

Changelog:

• Replaced the model for the keels with my own. Changed CoM up closer to the keel. Ships will list more when damaged, there's a risk of capsizing.
  • Hull plating Type A now includes fuel tanks. This lowers part count.
  • Ship turbines and electrical generators now have active radiators. They consume electrical energy.
  • Lowered crash and breaking tolerance for a number of deck & structural plates, changed some buoyancy values.
  • Included a placeholder model for a bridge or command center. Just a MK2 lander can with 20 seats. No internals. Keeps part count down, Take Command is buggy and/or Kraken bait. Plus the kerbals are better protected.
  • Another part added called Orientation Fixer, just an indestructible docking port. The MK2 lander can has the wrong orientation. Will be obsolete with a model for bridge/conning tower.
  • Increased thermal mass of the smoke funnels.
  • Changed water "production" speed & max amount of hull plating type A, increased power requirement of the bilge pumps. The larger the ship, the more power you need. Sinking ships will be faster, good for gameplay. More management is needed to divert electrical and steam resources when taking damage and prevent sinking.
  • Command centers have the BDArmory weapon manager included. Lowers part count.
  • Replaced the example frigate with a light cruiser, the one in the battle album. I am happy with the cruiser and the frigate had too much work to adapt to the new version.
  • Increased steam requirements for running the electrical generators. It's not yet at the level I want it. There will be an incentive to balance resources between propulsion and electrical.

Here's an album with a battle using 0.4:

Edited by Azimech

On 18. 1. 2016 at 8:55 PM, Azimech said:

There's a reason for that: Ballast is wanted, water means you have a problem and are probably sinking. Using the same word would cause a lot of confusion.

Hmm, that means I have a different problem. I see nothing that can store the Ballast resource or pump it out again. The Ballast Tank stores only Water and the Ballast Pump OUT takes only Water (+EC)

15 minutes ago, MarvinCZ said:

Hmm, that means I have a different problem. I see nothing that can store the Ballast resource or pump it out again. The Ballast Tank stores only Water and the Ballast Pump OUT takes only Water (+EC)

I copied them from an earlier endeavor to build submarines. The parts are there, just not functional. I haven't started building the rest for the subs yet.

On 1/19/2016 at 7:37 AM, Azimech said:

My test setup:

I set all of the side plates to "start" upon pressing 1. I have enough electricity to last a test.

3 hours ago, Lord_Potato said:

My test setup:

I set all of the side plates to "start" upon pressing 1. I have enough electricity to last a test.

I don't see any structural plates behind the outer hull. You need these for additional buoyancy. Check the cruiser in 0.4.

Please help me the parts to build the actual ship are missing! If there are conflicting mods, I'll help you. Here is my complete list of mods: This mod, Aviator Arsenal, BD Armory, Burn Together, CAL, Firespitter, FS Hangar Extender, KSD, KAX, KJR, Kerbal Konstructs, Kerbaltek, Kerbinside, KIS, Infernal Robotics, Mechjeb, NAS, North Kerbin Weaponry, PEW, TUKE, Tweakscale, and Hyperedit. (Does Module Manager count as a mod by the way?) Well thank you for taking the time to read my comment and I hope you can help me.

EDIT: Fixed it by restarting game LOL.

Edited by Mushroomian
Fixed the problem

14 hours ago, Mushroomian said:

Please help me the parts to build the actual ship are missing! If there are conflicting mods, I'll help you. Here is my complete list of mods: This mod, Aviator Arsenal, BD Armory, Burn Together, CAL, Firespitter, FS Hangar Extender, KSD, KAX, KJR, Kerbal Konstructs, Kerbaltek, Kerbinside, KIS, Infernal Robotics, Mechjeb, NAS, North Kerbin Weaponry, PEW, TUKE, Tweakscale, and Hyperedit. (Does Module Manager count as a mod by the way?) Well thank you for taking the time to read my comment and I hope you can help me.

EDIT: Fixed it by restarting game LOL.

Oi! You made me nervous for a moment :P

My new BB-02 "Bellatrix" together with my CL-01 "Tau Ceti". The old battleship was too complex & part heavy. The new one is less beautiful, heavier, wider and longer.

BB-02 "Bellatrix"
length: 284m.
beam: 38m.
mass: 117k tons.
top speed: 52 km/h
parts: 274
armament: 4x 46cm Yamato turrets.

CL-01 "Tau Ceti"
length: 191m.
beam: 24m.
mass: 40k tons.
top speed: 65 km/h