WW2 Warships 0.5.1 - Is there actually something happening? Stay tuned!

Azimech

Yeah the guns on the stock frigate are meant for other frigates, corvettes, PT boats, support ships and cargo ships/tankers. I would stay out of the way of destroyers and heavier. Taking out the hull plating of another frigate is already tedious when lagging, I expect it impossible for a single frigate to sink a cruiser - and that's how it should be. I'm going to build a cruiser soon and see how it goes.

Hehehe, nice. Will probably need a cruiser to sink it.

Got me thinking ... If we're ever going to do multiplayer games, we need to create some limits. Could be tonnage. Right now not a single part has a meaningful price, if I would correct it, a fleet could be limited by available funds. I haven't played World of Warships or any other multiplayer game so if anyone likes to comment ... go ahead :-)

6 minutes ago, Azimech said:

To be honest I had no idea where to put that torpedo launcher.

How about removing the second smoke funnel and putting it there? Or the no.3 turret position

Edited by Acea

maybe if possible you could make a "hole" in rear of ship where the torps could be on inside... otherwise i would say on the rear

you can see what i mean by hole in this pic of a mogami class cruiser

just under the scout plane catapults you see two small gaps into side of ship

0p68Jxu.jpg

Edited by viceguy

47 minutes ago, Acea said:

How about removing the second smoke funnel and putting it there? Or the no.3 turret position

Hmmm ... I'm not going to redesign my destroyer for a torpedo rack  :-) The layout is vaguely based on the Fletcher class. I am interested in your designs by the way.

Anyway, I'm testing the improved example frigate, when I'm satisfied I'm going to upload version 0.3!

10 hours ago, Noellen said:

Does it work with ubio's welding tool?

If not please consider working on it.

For making things like pre-assembled bridges and rooms, maybe. Not for building a hull though, it would take away the gameplay element of having sinkable ships. I do agree part count is too high at the moment.

12 hours ago, Djolox said:

I think that with unity 5 support, our problems would be sorted out. Maybe giving a go to the procedural parts would be good for count reduction?

I'm thinking about it ... I'll modify the newest version of Procedural Dynamics and see where it will get me.

Version 0.35 is online!

Changelog:

• Replaced all rectangles and triangles with models of my own. They're simple and crude but the colliders run to the edge, no kerbals falling through decks anymore. It's getting used to but in the end ships will look better. The texture is minimalistic, use KerbPaint to make everything a bit more interesting.
  • All Hull-A plates now have bilge pumps in them (right-click menu) but they cost a lot of energy. It's not balanced yet. This move was motivated by the will to decrease part count, make pumping less of a hassle and make energy management more interesting.
  • Thanks to KerbPaint, the shader blocks the irritating and ugly overheating display.
  • Some tiny adjustments not really worth mentioning.

I'm thinking of a name change ... this shouldn't be focused on war ships only and not only WW2. Fengist has stopped with his marine pack, I wonder if there are other active mods to build large ships.

Any ideas? Are YOU a wizard with names? Post them if you like.

5 hours ago, Favilin said:

Hi I am Brazilian , I'm sorry for my bad english, first of all I want to congratulate for his great mod and to continue with this great job , but I've been having problems with it .. Simply the ships built with his pieces do not float , help me ? grateful for the attention

Image:

http://imgur.com/bI0FmZ5

Sorry, missed your post. This looks like my example frigate. Have you activated the water displacement? Look at the resources, it has a bar that says "water". With my ship, just press action group 1 and it will pump all water out. I haven't figured out how to automatically run them when physics start so we have to do it manually.

More info can be found in the tutorial album.