What do you feel is missing from the STOCK game as far as parts goes ?

Not speaking of mods that adds stuff (such as KAS, life support, and so on) but rather without modifying the stock game, what parts you feel are missing ?
Try and keep the list short, I'm going to try and do the same thing.

Let's see :
- Bigger fixed solar panels (say 2x2 or 3x3... that would correctly attach on wings) and the huge ones from FutureSolar.
- Electric Propellers (I'd say 3 sizes: 0.625, 1.25 and 2.5 to fit existing fuel tanks)
- Bigger Nukes (at least a 250 Kn 2.5m)
- Bigger Ions (again, a 1.25/2.5m of maybe 25/100 Kn)
- Bigger RTG ( say an inline 1.25m RTG instead of 4-8+ RTGs on crafts or carrying fuel tank(s) + generator )
- a Nuclear Reactor. That works on Plutonium (only obtainable from KSC so at launch) with very long operating time on a full Plutonium load (Reactor holds maybe 4k PL units and could supply a lot of electricity for very long).
- A 2 man V-shaped 1.25m capsule.
- Maybe a big spherical tank for LF only (Something about 3.5m wide across both vertical/horizontal, with 6 attachment points (N-S-E-W-Up-Down)... More practical (space-wise) than stacking bricks of 10k LF from plane parts.
\--> Don't know how to do maths and calculate how much LF they would hold, but I would use them lots.

So 2+3+1+2+1+1+1+1 = 12 new parts.
Not bad and it kinda takes care of everything I am missing in stock game and constantly need to mod for when a new clean version comes up.

What are your essentials ?

[Edit]
On google I found a site that could calculate how many liters a 3.75m sphere could hold... It's 27'611. Considering the 3.75m cylindrical tank (10m height?) only holds 14'400 I feel this is too much for KSP.
Oh well. Edited by Francois424

I'm fine with everything that's in stock so far, a bigger Liquid fuel tank would be nice, but its no a big issue. However what I really think is missing, is base parts oriented for gravity. Considering that there are contracts that require you to build bases, it makes no sense that no parts serve this need adequately. Sure, you can use the hitchhiker module, but its IVA clearly has the kerbals sleeping on the walls, oriented for zero-g. Same with the placement of the node and the hatch. The Science Bay is again, oriented for zero-gravity.

So, my two cents:

Ground based habitation module
Ground based science bay.
Connections between these things.
Other ground-based stuff. Edited by Tourist

[url]http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/108890-With-Fairings-becoming-stock-we-NEED-stock-hinges[/url]

As far as parts, that would be my biggest. hinges and rotors.

Why in a space game like this, cant we make a working analogue of the [URL="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Servicing_System"]canadarm[/URL]?

We should be able to replicate any existing, real-world missions in-game. Edited by r4pt0r

[quote name='Francois424']
- Electric Propellers (I'd say 3 sizes: 0.625, 1.25 and 2.5 to fit existing fuel tanks)
[/QUOTE]

Why propellers? We already have jet engines for high efficiency atmospheric flight, and ion engines and nuclear engines for high efficiency space flight.

Flying at eve without having to make a ISRU monster... Same for Laythe.
Just having a drone/small plane that can go on indefinitely is very interesting to me... you just have to lad for the night.
Also the 0.625 ones would be great for ships which do not need as much power...

I always felt that was a part that was missing, and at the same time I understood why it was not included (low priority because of the reason you brought up).
To each his own style I guess.

Making the medium and large gear bays steerable like the small ones
2.5m RAPIER engine and associated intakes
Doubles or triple-size versions of the existing rectangular and triangular wing pieces
5m rockets
Shielded Gigantor-size solar panels
Longer ladders, both static and retractable
2-seat Mk1 cockpit
2.5m 4-seat capsule and lander cans
3.75m 7- or 8-seat capsule and lander cans
Sleeker, prettier area and flood lights
Bigger, brighter lights
Tiny lights for self-illumination
3.75m crew can/hab
3.75m docking port
3.75m parachute
3.75m OMS engine
5-way RCS thrusters
Fission reactors of all diameters
Rover wheels of a medium size in between the smaller ones and the gawdawful huge ones
Tank treads of various sizes
Capsules/pods especially intended for rovers
Animated stuff like Infernal Robotics
All the KAS and KIS stuff

[quote name='Geschosskopf']Making the medium and large gear bays steerable like the small ones
2.5m RAPIER engine and associated intakes
Doubles or triple-size versions of the existing rectangular and triangular wing pieces
5m rockets
Shielded Gigantor-size solar panels
Longer ladders, both static and retractable
2-seat Mk1 cockpit
2.5m 4-seat capsule and lander cans
3.75m 7- or 8-seat capsule and lander cans
Sleeker, prettier area and flood lights
Bigger, brighter lights
Tiny lights for self-illumination
3.75m crew can/hab
3.75m docking port
3.75m parachute
3.75m OMS engine
5-way RCS thrusters
Fission reactors of all diameters
Rover wheels of a medium size in between the smaller ones and the gawdawful huge ones
Tank treads of various sizes
Capsules/pods especially intended for rovers
Animated stuff like Infernal Robotics
All the KAS and KIS stuff[/QUOTE]

What g-man said :)

Better parts to facilitate heat-shielding. Hinges or deployable attachment nodes would be grand. Also agree that the rocket tanks and capsules need an art pass. For goodness sakes, the service bays look appalling. Bring on the streamlines fuselages.

I would like a feature that could make the docking ports "pivot", so they can turn when being docked together.. ( as a kind of door hindge ).

I think people would use such very simple things for allot of cool creatings, as a kind of simple robotic feature.
.. Just imagine if you could build a truck with a semi trailer and you now could use docking ports to connect the trailer...... It would result in a truck and trailer that act as in real life ;-)
It would also allow people to build example large cargo ramps and cranes ect and other creative things that include movement...
now that I think about it people could even build the f14 airplane with the wings that can fold and unfold.. This will be practical when going super sonic and when landing.

Propellers, because they're great, MRS-style boost cover for LES, and beyond that, things that are no longer pure "parts" changes (robotics, KIS/KAS and life support, for me).

And there is no such thing as too many science parts to stick on your probes. I mean, sure, would need rebalancing of some sort, but I want my probes bristling with experiments, preferably with some interesting mechanics to them (e.g. magnetometers requiring interesting orbits).

EDIT: oh, right! Procedural parts, especially wings, but stretchy fuel tanks would be great, too. Edited by ModZero

Electric propellers. As mentioned elsewhere, I don't care too much for boats and planes myself but now that buoyancy is a thing, lets have a couple of ship parts to go with it, rather than needing jet or rocket powered submarines. :)

More capsules. A two man capsule to fill the current gap between the Mk1 and Mk1-2 capsules and open up more options for early crews. Plus a 3.75m, 7+ crew capsule for later in the game. At the moment a spaceplane is practically mandatory for getting large numbers of kerbals to and from orbit and more transportation options would be nice for those of us that don't really do planes.

More moving parts and more base parts for reasons mentioned earlier in this thread.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.