What do you feel is missing from the STOCK game as far as parts goes ?

13 hours ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Radial heat shields for spaceplanes

Yes. Mk2, Mk3, and Mk1 radial heatshields. Has anyone ever tried to send a spaceplane to Eve? It will not work. I promise you that.

• 2 weeks later...

propeller/turboprop (yeah mods do this, and this is Kerbal Space program, not Kerbal plane program, but I still would prefer one in the stock game,). 

shorter/less awkward looking 2.5m decoupler

2.5m short Monoprop fuel tank (like in KSPX) 

2.5m monoprop engine
parachutes, or ejection seats.

some sort of pseudo-procedural landing gear that can be stretched as to adjust for ground clearance.

hinges or rotors, like some have said in this thread.

also a speedometer that can give me readings in KM/H.

• 1 month later...

There are a lot of good suggestions already posted here, that I second. Large RAPIERS for example, or hinges (Infernal Robotics- properly working - in stock please). But what I miss most (apart from steerable large and huge gears) are wider than MK3 parts, widebodied parts that make for even bigger spaceplanes, but would especially mean that you can actually utilize the cargo bay's ramp, which now only fits the thinnest of craft. Other than that, some 0,5 m long parts would be nice, like 0,5 x 1,25 fueltanks, 0,5 m mk2 parts, et cetera.

Of course, mods (partially) fill this gap. But I find many custom spaceplane parts to be a bit "meh" designwise.

About the SRBs many requests already exist for tiny, large and extra large ones, but I feel like something else is missing : the possibility to build our own SRB, just like with the liquid engine with fuel tanks, by adding different segments of "powder" over each others.

I would really like to see better sattellite scanning equipment,something like Scansat mod (I know u said not mod stuff, but I just bought console version,wich im pretty sure will never have mods. and my pc dosent run the game with mods how I would like it to.) Also most things are ok on console, the game freezes alot, and it just froze right now n when I restarted my sandbox and career mode were CORRUPTED!

Things I want to see in KSP:

-Smaller RTG size (for lighter probes that don't require much in terms of power)

-solar panels that look like these

-GP2 and moons added

-0.625m, 2.5m, and 3.75m Solid rocket boosters (0.625m could be inline, named the Seperatron II, and have a performance somewhat similar to the Seperatron. I)

-Mk1 Aircraft Cockpit needs to be improved such that it can survive reentry without having to make the poor Kerbal sick.

-0.625m Heat shields

-Antennae that when opened should stay open, even after transmission (of course, until you want to retract it).

Yeah, it's really things that they should've implemented a while ago...

But Hey, It's KSP!

Edited by Astrofox
Left out something...

• 0.625m cockpit (I want to keep my install completely stock and the process of EVAing a kerbal from a pod, putting them in a command seat then jettisoning a pod gets fairly tedious.)
  • More variety in 0.625m parts (More engines, fuel tanks, etc.)
  • 2.5m to 3.75m adapter containing fuel
  • An engine with intakes built in (It doesn't have to be a jet engine, I would prefer it to be a rocket engine that is more efficient the more atmo there is.)
  • More LF-only engines (Nervs are quite boring.)

Inflatable modules, super efficient engines (like the Merlin engine), and landing legs for reusable stages. The ones we have now are too small. I would also like more station/base parts. And some Russian styled parts.

On 18.06.2016 at 8:47 PM, DD_bwest said:

im sure its been mentioned but liquid full only 2.5m tanks.   it seems simple, just the next size up from what we have now. 

That could be easily done with a simple fuel switch like this. The game doesn't need any more new fuel tanks. In fact it would be better if their amount was reduced.

Edited by Veeltch

2 hours ago, NSEP said:

Inflatable modules, super efficient engines (like the Merlin engine),..

Merlin 1D has Isp of 311s...(282 sea level)that is less efficient than some of the KSP engines(and KSP has down scaled everything :confused:)
RD180 has Isp of 338s (312 sea level), and it is an ancient russian engine.

The Merlin is though way more efficient in manufacturing price, TWR and other factors

1 hour ago, Blaarkies said:

Merlin 1D has Isp of 311s...(282 sea level)that is less efficient than some of the KSP engines(and KSP has down scaled everything :confused:)
RD180 has Isp of 338s (312 sea level), and it is an ancient russian engine.

The Merlin is though way more efficient in manufacturing price, TWR and other factors

Its all about the TWR to me lol.

4 hours ago, Joonatan1998 said:

A tripropellant engine could be intresting.

Liquid fluorine, molten lithium and hydrogen (liquid fuel).

THAT HAS INSANE ISP!:0.0: But, having a super toxic fuel next to two fuels(one that is molten metal, the other that need cryogenic temperatures) seems like a very bad idea...unless the entire launch center is also some unmanned robotic base:D

What do you feel is missing from the STOCK game as far as parts goes ?

A functioning* and simple** warp drive.

* Meaning: without the ship breaking apart if some minor bug occurs

** Meaning: without having to have a degree in physics to use it in KSP

Edited by Drelam
words

I would like more parts specifically for building bases. In fact, I feel uneasy building bases with landing legs or wheels because I'm afraid they won't be aligned properly and can't connect.

Also, new planets. Add Kerbol Plus and a bigger tech tree for new parts. I'd at least like to visit Krakulos or something like that.

Command:
- A non shuttle mk 3 cockpit specifically for airliners.

Engines:
- 2.5 meter solid rocket boosters. (Moar boosters! :D)
-Some sort of 1.25 meter engine to fill the gap between the Reliant and the Vector in terms of thrust.
-Another fill in the gap 1.25 meter engine between the Terrier and the Nerv in terms of efficiency. 
-Linear areospike engines.

Structural:
-2.5 meter version of the structural fuselage (hollowness included) 
-Bigger launch clamps
-A shorter version of the Rockomax Brand Decoupler that detaches from one side.

Aerodynamics:
- A 3.75 meter nose cone.

Utility:
- A launch escape tower for the mk 1 command pod.
- Inflatable habitat modules.
-2x3 solar panels.
-A 2,5 meter and a 0.625 meter claw (grabbing thingy).
-A bigger version of the Solar Array

Science:
-Bigger dishes.
-More Science experiments 
-Asteroid day sentinel telescope.

So that's um 1, 2, 3, uh a lot of parts...

First and foremost: Legs and wheels (need not be impact tolerant) whose height can be adjusted with a slider. It'd revolutionize planetary base building.

A rover cockpit would be nice too. But first and foremost, height-adjustable legs and wheels.

Also, Station Science in Stock. Something, anything, that rewards you in the long term for building space stations, which at the moment only exist to fulfill contracts.

Make the following mods stock

M2X

M3X

Space Y

LithoBrake Tech

Near Future Everything

Stockalike Station Parts Expansion

Fuel Tanks +

Stockalike Mining Expansion

Modular Rocket Systems

Standard Propulsion Systems (1.875 parts)

Add a taller, stronger 1-wheel landing gear

Add shorter 4 and 6 wheel gear

Add a 3.75 vacuum engine (Rhino is Skipper-alike)

Add a 2.5M Aerospike

Add a midrange (~125kn) 1.25M engine

Add a 2*8 extendable suntracking Solar Panel

Add radial heat shields for Mk1 and Mk2 parts

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.