What do you feel is missing from the STOCK game as far as parts goes ?

On 2.8.2016 at 3:41 AM, Jay The Amazing Toaster said:

-Some sort of 1.25 meter engine to fill the gap between the Reliant and the Vector in terms of thrust.

We already sort of have one of these, but not really. The LFB KR-1x2 "Twin Boar" Liquid Fuel Engine is a mid-game mainstay for me, with more thrust than the Mainsail and useable Isp. But it keeps me pondering where the LFB KR-1 "Boar" engine is to be found. Although the Twin Boar produces twice as much force as the Vector, and half of it thus doesn't really fulfill your objective, I think it'd be nice to see a Single Boar engine too. Just let it produce slightly less than half the thrust of the Twin Boar for... reasons (less overhead losses when multiple engine bells are fed with the same fuel system or something?), and it'd be a good 1.25 m bridge between the Reliant and the Vector.

That, or the Boar could be a 1.25 m engine with an integrated fuel tank. Either way, I'd like to see the Boar engine in the game, if only for completions' sake.

I may have mentioned it before in this thread (i know I have elsewhere in the forums a couple of times) but I really feel like we need some late-game inflatable habitats. They're realistic technology which is in development pretty much right now, and would fit well near the end of the stock KSP tech tree because that's approximately where currently in use and in-development technologies are in reality (spaceplane engines, nuclear engines, ion propulsion, ISRU (i mean that one's maybe a decade or two away at best but the point still stands)).

On 8/3/2016 at 6:36 PM, Codraroll said:

We already sort of have one of these, but not really. The LFB KR-1x2 "Twin Boar" Liquid Fuel Engine is a mid-game mainstay for me, with more thrust than the Mainsail and useable Isp. But it keeps me pondering where the LFB KR-1 "Boar" engine is to be found. Although the Twin Boar produces twice as much force as the Vector, and half of it thus doesn't really fulfill your objective, I think it'd be nice to see a Single Boar engine too. Just let it produce slightly less than half the thrust of the Twin Boar for... reasons (less overhead losses when multiple engine bells are fed with the same fuel system or something?), and it'd be a good 1.25 m bridge between the Reliant and the Vector.

That, or the Boar could be a 1.25 m engine with an integrated fuel tank. Either way, I'd like to see the Boar engine in the game, if only for completions' sake.

@SQUAD

Also, make stock

Mark 2/3 Expansions

SpaceY

Fuel Tanks +

KAX

Airplane Plus

B9 Pwings

Mk4 System

Near Future Everything

Stockalike Station Parts Expansion

Modular Rocket Systems

Stockalike Mining Expansion

LithoBrake Exploration Tech

RLA StockAlike

Fantom Works

And add

1/4 length Mk2 fuselages

2-Kerbal Mk2 passenger compartment

Bigger Air Brakes

1-Kerbal 1.25m HitchHiker container

A 3.75m command pod

A Structural Wing D size version of the Structural Wing B

An elevon that's like 2 Elevon 4 stuck together

a Wing Connector Type A size square wing

A taller, stronger 1-wheel gear (LY-15)

A Mk-3 Inline Cockpit

A Mk1 SSTO cockpit

Radial heatshields for Mk1 and Mk2

Edited by OrbitalBuzzsaw

Wow this is still going.

My original list still remains untouched (except for the fact that I have modded my own nuclear reactor, but an in-game, stock one would be welcomed)

Thanks everyone for keeping this thread in excellent shape.
Few +1 given where they are due !

Apparently this isn't the thread of this type i replied to before. Hopefully I can muster a more essential list than last time.

Extra length class of LFO tanks (twice as long as current longest, partly for partcount reduction but mainly anti-noodling).

Full range of lengths for 0.625m LFO tanks.

SRBs in 0.625m (think Sergeant motor) and 2.5m sizes.

2.5m NTR.

1.25m ion drive plus longer Xe tanks.

More aerospikes, say a 2.5m toroidal and Mk2 linear.

Electric propellors, and maybe even a nuclear ramjet like the one Porkjet made, for oxygenless atmospheric flight.

BigS style structural wing parts (just got these from the Mk3 expansion, they look great!).

3.75m command pod, low-profile adapter, etc. Just the standard parts missing from this size profile.

2.5m 6-way hub.

More and lighter structural parts; they're currently far too heavy for their purpose which encourages stacking loads of partcount-inflating cubic struts together. An extra long cubic strut would be nice too (just 3x or 4x, nothing ridiculously large for a physicsless part), since I'm still gonna use those.

I feel like KIS & KAS mods should be stock too, ideally with easier to learn controls (more right click stuff). They're ridiculously popular and everyone talks about them like they already are stock.

Edited by Guest

On 8/3/2016 at 6:19 PM, eloquentJane said:

I may have mentioned it before in this thread (i know I have elsewhere in the forums a couple of times) but I really feel like we need some late-game inflatable habitats. They're realistic technology which is in development pretty much right now, and would fit well near the end of the stock KSP tech tree because that's approximately where currently in use and in-development technologies are in reality (spaceplane engines, nuclear engines, ion propulsion, ISRU (i mean that one's maybe a decade or two away at best but the point still stands)).

we just put one on the ISS, would be great to have real world developments added to the game as they happen.

also, I would really love a telescope part, or a mirror assembly part.

Other than the ISS, Hubble is likely what the average person on the street can tell you is in space. so why cant we hubble in stock KSP?

As much fun as I have pretending that my structural fuselage with 2 panels on either side is a telescope, something else would be nice.

18 hours ago, r4pt0r said:

also, I would really love a telescope part, or a mirror assembly part.

Other than the ISS, Hubble is likely what the average person on the street can tell you is in space. so why cant we hubble in stock KSP?

As much fun as I have pretending that my structural fuselage with 2 panels on either side is a telescope, something else would be nice.

If I recall correctly, the Devnotes once talked about a "discovery" system for planets. If they are still seriously considering to implement it, I can't see how it would be done without involving Hubble-esque telescopes. So you might be in luck here.

1 minute ago, Andem said:

And boat parts would be appreciated.

I'm not sure; @Fengist has added a bunch of boat parts and in a bunch of different styles. I would rather Squad put a drydock facility and a port and allow the rest to be done by mods. For the drydock, I could easily see having a SPH type function, then when you hit launch, instead of the runway or launchpad, the screen gives you an open drydock slip with your boat/ship sitting in the water with the water-tight doors already open... Call it a pipe dream, I know.

5 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

I'm not sure; @Fengist has added a bunch of boat parts and in a bunch of different styles. I would rather Squad put a drydock facility and a port and allow the rest to be done by mods. For the drydock, I could easily see having a SPH type function, then when you hit launch, instead of the runway or launchpad, the screen gives you an open drydock slip with your boat/ship sitting in the water with the water-tight doors already open... Call it a pipe dream, I know.

Why do that? It would be simpler to start your crafts on a flat concrete surface 5 meters from the water. Build a trailer around your boat, drive forward and done.

Like this-

Indian_Mn_Henderson_Bch_5-13-08_038-610x

Edited by ZooNamedGames

I think it would be a good idea to have bearings and axle parts if a user wants to have a part of a ship rotating while the other part does not. Another thing is to have larger 1.25 m ion engines  Also, as a side note, it would be nice if there was a ride height setting on the rover wheels separate from the spring and damper strengths.

Well I can't say if this is mechanically feasible at this point in development but I would love to see some form of the Canada Arm as a part. So that people could construct in space. The part could take a poll of all the parts currently attached to it then draw a set amount of electrical charge for each part then launch a special construction menu to let you alter the craft/station. The special menu would let players rebuild the craft from scratch using only the parts originally available. Small mistakes in design could be corrected or poor designs could be revised.

• 4 months later...

Is there a landing radar? I have crashed on Mun so many times because i had no idea how high i was. The altimeter only measures sea-level so when landing on a dry body it gives only a vague idea of where the surface is. If it hasn't been implemented maybe it could work as a part that is attached to the landing module and can be activated in the action groups.

What about some more actuators? I know there is a mod for building full on mecha and walkers but you could put some simple stuff in the stock game. Something like a part that can extend outward and retract on command. Could be useful for docking, instead of getting the ship within 0.6 meters you could stay at 4 meters and the extender just reaches out and makes the connection.

Edited by phantom000

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.