Mk 3 Cargo Ramp Lag?

[SIZE=4]Well i was trying to work on a stock aircraft carrier, and had this build in the VAB, as you can see it has many mk3 cargo ramps for the top deck, but is really only about 100 parts
[/SIZE][IMG]http://imgur.com/xlzJuUm.jpg[/IMG][SIZE=4]
In the SPH i get a ton of lag, and it is almost like a 1000 part craft, not a 100 part craft, but when i launch it, I get ALOT less lag. It also seems like the longer I work on it, the laggier it becomes. Is there some sort of memory leak with the mk3 cargo ramps, or is it just me being an idiot (it seems to be exclusively them)[/SIZE]

I've always noticed the KSP slowly get more laggy the longer it runs. Restart the game if its feeling sluggish compared to startup. As for you're main question, my money is on the ramps hogging your RAM for some reason.

Lag != Memory Leak. Memory Leaks do not cause lag and lag does not cause memory leaks. Lag is caused by either overusing the CPU or overusing the GPU (most likely the former in KSP), and memory leaks cause the game to crash. Running out of RAM doesn't cause the computer to run slower. Anything can cause lag in KSP with enough of them, animated parts even more so. That doesn't mean anything is wrong with the part, you are just exceeding it's design limitations. Edited by Alshain

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.