1.05 Mission: Position Satellite "with Part on Vessel"

Hi there
I have accepted a mission: [I]Position a new Satellite in spez. Orbit of the Mun[/I].
Usualy this is no problem, but one of the objective is: " Have a Part on the Vessel"
I tried already to connect several Parts on the Satellite, but this objective is never fulfilled.
Does somebody know what "Part" exactly is needed for?
Thanky a lot :) Edited by Kamaling
solved

I've accepted a few of these contracts in my new 1.0.5 career game. So far, beyond the ordinary "antenna and generate power" requirements, I've had a Materials Science Bay or a Mystery Goo Pod as the extra items. The contract was always very clear about it, at least while reviewing it in the Mission Control building.

EDIT: Urk, missed the screenshot. Yeah, that seems broken. Go with the cheat menu to complete it. Edited by BenCushwa

It's probably an older save and the mission is referring to a part that has been moved in the tech tree yet is still referenced somewhere elso to not break some craft dependencies. The last thread about this problem said to just use the cheat menu (alt + F12) to finish the contract because there's no other option.

@ [COLOR=#3E3E3E]BenCushwa:[/COLOR] I added additionally a Thermometer, but don't work (but I will test with Science jr EDIT: this don't work also!)
@ [COLOR=#3E3E3E]Harry Rhodan:[/COLOR] I started a new Career on 1.05. The savegame is new and all Parts should be available. Edited by Kamaling

This is default text that the game falls back on when there was some sort of error loading the contract. There will not be any way to complete it, but to diagnose what is going on, could you upload the save file? Are any mods installed?

ok I managed to repro this as well and the relevant section of the save:

[CODE]
PARAM
{
name = PartRequestParameter
state = Incomplete
values = 0,0,0,0,0
article = a
partDescription = part
vesselDescription = vessel
partNames = dmGoreSat|dmUSGoreSat
}

[/CODE]

The part is from DMagic's orbital science mod. I don't know if it's just a string serialization problem or something else - but I do remember in previous versions satellite contracts can require modded part with correct display.

Ah, I see now. The PART_REQUEST format changed slightly in 1.0.5 in Contracts.cfg, and the addon probably hasn't updated to the new format just yet. Fortunately this doesn't break anything but the presentation of the contract, so you should be able to complete it by plopping those parts on your satellite.

I'll give DMagic a poke. Thanks for the report!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.