Can not transmit science

Hi i´d like to report a bug,

It seems that i can´t transmit any science from an experiment, that would give more science-points, if recovered od Kerbin. I [B]can [/B]however transmit it if i get the same amount of science with transmitting or recovering. Example: Crew Reports or DMagic Orbital Science Magnometer Scan.

KSP: 1.0.5. (build 1028)
Problem: Cannot transmit science in career-mode save game (it works in a new started science-save-game)
Mods:
Toolbar
AB_Launchers
Bluedog_DB
CHatterer
Contares
ContractConfiguarator
DistantObject
DMagicOrbitalScience
DPSoundFX
EngineLight
EVE
RasterPropMonitor
KAS and KIS
MechJeb2
Planetshine
ProceduralParts
RcsSound
ScanSat
Tearobee
Tantares
TantaresLV
TextureReplacer
TriggerTech
Tweakscale
ModuleManager 2.6.13

Reproduction:
I build MK1 Pod with SC-9001 Science Jr., some stock batteries and COM DTS-M1. Researched materials study on the launchpad, transmitted it ---> DTS-M1 is transmitting until 100% ---> no science gain.

Log:[URL]http://filebin.ca/2N87jKWxP4du/output_log.txt[/URL]

Please help me I don´t want to start over again

[SIZE=4]EDIT: Kind of solved. Reverting to 32bit helped. Thank you all![/SIZE] Edited by Sackpfeife

Heyo,

Wanted to report a similar issue ^^

I'm not able to transmit any science, but science is recoverable on the surface.
I had some issues with a corrupt save file previously, these errors have been encountered on a new save file.

KSP 1.0.5 (build 1028)
Mods:
Active Texture Management
B9 Aerospace
Contract Configurator
Contract Packs
Contracts Window
Dmagic Orbital Science
KAS
KIS
Infernal Robotics
Mechjeb2
ScienceAlert
Spacetux
SpaceY-Expanded
SpaceY-Lifters
Station Science
Module Manager 2.6.13

Cheers :D

btw, if you're using ckan, unchecking science alert doesn't work since it doesn't even seem to know it anymore (that's how it worked a week ago, at least). You have to go into the GameData file and remove the mod manually.

[quote name='Arsonide']You have a great deal of exceptions in your log, a good chunk of which are from PlanetShine. I can't pinpoint exactly which one is causing your issue, but it is probably a cumulative effect of some sort.[/QUOTE]

Do you think removing PlanetShine will solve the problem? I dont have Science alert, as Nansuchao mentioned, ...

[quote name='Sackpfeife']Do you think removing PlanetShine will solve the problem? I dont have Science alert, as Nansuchao mentioned, ...[/QUOTE]

In your case I can't find the reason of the issue. I suggest to remove the mods one by one, beginning from the unupdateds and find which one is causing this issue.

[quote name='Nansuchao']In your case I can't find the reason of the issue. I suggest to remove the mods one by one, beginning from the unupdateds and find which one is causing this issue.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, i will try that today. Please keep your fingers crossed vor me :rolleyes:

Ok I did it the other way around and deleted every mod, but the bug continued.

Then I loaded the oldest Backup-Savefile and the error was gone.

Loading the next Savefile, the Bug reappered.

Here is the Output-log: [URL]http://filebin.ca/2NQ7WX3Y36PT/output_log.txt[/URL]

What i manly did inbetween those two savefiles:

i wanted my facilities upgradet to the highest level, because 64bit KSP made it sometimes impossible to upgrade them. I got into the savefile and changed:

[QUOTE]name = ScenarioUpgradeableFacilities scene = 5, 6, 7, 8
SpaceCenter/LaunchPad
{
lvl = 0
[...]
[/QUOTE]

into

[QUOTE]name = ScenarioUpgradeableFacilities scene = 5, 6, 7, 8
SpaceCenter/LaunchPad
{
lvl = 1
[...]
[/QUOTE]

Could that contribute to my bug? Or could it be some unnoticed decission in my carrer (Choosing a certain contract, or altering something inside the debug/cheat-mode)?

But on the other hand: the error appeared several days and savefiles later that that savefile-altering.

I hope this will help someone with the same problem, until a solution is found, i will continue from the last working savefile.

[SIZE=3]Backup your savefiles and save every day!! ;)[/SIZE]

Are you using KSP 64 bit hack? In that case, no one can really help you. The 64 bit version of Unity 4 (the KSP engine) is really unstable, with unpredictable bugs. No one can help you, and also modders doesn't take support request for 64 bit version...
Btw, with your mods, you doesn't need 64 bit hack, but you can use the stable 32 bit, with Open-GL or DX11 and ATM.

[quote name='Nansuchao']Are you using KSP 64 bit hack? In that case, no one can really help you. The 64 bit version of Unity 4 (the KSP engine) is really unstable, with unpredictable bugs. No one can help you, and also modders doesn't take support request for 64 bit version...
Btw, with your mods, you doesn't need 64 bit hack, but you can use the stable 32 bit, with Open-GL or DX11 and ATM.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your answer.

I reverted to 32 bit and it [I]seems [/I]to function again.. for now. I really did not think that KSP would even run with this many mods, so I "hacked" the 64bit version.

Thank you very much :D

Sackpfeife

You're welcome. Just now in 1.0.4 I had a stable install with a lot of heavy parts and graphical mods, without great issues than reloading KSP after a couple of change scenes. I could count on stable 30 FPS unless very big ships (more than 200 parts) just with OPEN-GL and ATM.
So don't worry, unless you want to install almost every mods available with max settings, you'll have not great problems. Just be sure to install the last version of every mods and sometimes check your log for NRE caused by some mod (just in case).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.