Reentry Problem.

Fr8monkey

[quote name='Hannu']I can open a parachute at 4-5 km (MK-1, small parachute and heat shield with 25-100 % ablator capacity). There are tens of seconds time. Maybe less in mountainous areas, but there are not many too high peaks on whole Kerbin and if player wants to be sure they are easy to avoid. Is it necessary to go to make coffee or read e-mails just during re-entry?[/QUOTE]

Hannu,
Best I can guess is this affects some users but not others. Some people never notice anything wrong, while others are smacking into the ground without ever having a chance to deploy their chutes.
I was lucky enough to not kill any kerbals, but it was close enough for me to recognize that it was a threat in my career.
Believe me, I know how to reenter gently. I've been around the block.

So for the folks who aren't seeing the problem, no worries and carry on. For those who are... we have a workaround for it.

Best,
-Slashy

Yesterday. Started a sandbox, lunch a STOCK, slim version of that 'Ready-made-craft'.
Lunch ok.
Orbit -Success.
Reentry...boom.
I did read the forum and know these overheating issues.
Well, I experienced it 1sthand myself Yesterday, pretty hopeless. And I'll call it a bug.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.