Forum Migration Nov 27th!

KasperVld

[quote name='ZooNamedGames']You definately described me there. The KMC is the reason why I'm even 1% of the person I am. I have dedicated days and night to making a great place to create and share crafts at, as well as discuss rocket related topics and make it look good. I'm not even joking when I say, that the KMC within the RB may have kept me alive.[/QUOTE]

Partially true for me and some other people I knew. Back when me and Sbowyer had that big fight and we both got our companies locked, he said he was literally crying, not for his company, but for mine. Sure we both messed up a lot and I feel a lot of the hate towards RB is because of that fight but truth is it meant a lot to both of us and it means a lot to other people now too.

[quote name='zekes']Partially true for me and some other people I knew. Back when me and Sbowyer had that big fight and we both got our companies locked, he said he was literally crying, not for his company, but for mine. Sure we both messed up a lot and I feel a lot of the hate towards RB is because of that fight but truth is it meant a lot to both of us and it means a lot to other people now too.[/QUOTE]

Exactly the same here.

Admittly (and some will think I'm making this up for a good excuse) I struggle with depression and suicide for many years now and the biggest reason was because I had no social outlet. No one to ever talk to since I was a freak at my school. No one talked to me and if I hadn't have made the KMC for fun, I would've likely commited suicide because I had no place to fit in. So the RB definately has a major place in my heart. Always will.

[quote name='Kozak']REVOLT!
KEEP ROCKET BUILDERS!
VIVA LE REVOLUTION!

In all seriousness, removing the rocket builders thread is sad, and might drive away some. maybe me. :P[/QUOTE]

Well, I think you mean Viva Le Not-Revolution. Revolution implies the change, and you are not wanting a change. Revolution doesn't fit here.

Yeah, removing Rocket Builders is pretty sad. It means a lot to these people. Not me, I was never involved with Rocket Builders. But just totally deleting it is... well, quite depressing to be honest. Edited by GregroxMun

[quote name='GregroxMun']Well, I think you mean Viva Le Not-Revolution. Revolution implies the change, and you are not wanting a change. Revolution doesn't fit here.

Yeah, removing Rocket Builders is pretty sad. It means a lot to these people. Not me, I was never involved with Rocket Builders. But just totally deleting it is... well, quite depressing to be honest.[/QUOTE]

Point is, please don't do it.

[QUOTE][COLOR=#333333]... so much of my Rep, Post count, etc. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Neither of those will be affected. Those totals are kept separately, even if the posts themselves are deleted.

[QUOTE][COLOR=#333333]That's pretty accurate. Really i can only think of one or two serious problems that have occured there, for the most part it's a quiet and civil place. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
You have that impression because we delete and infract the worst of it.

[QUOTE][COLOR=#333333]Moderators, you complain that the RB is rifle with RP but when you take it away, where is that RP going to go? It's going to seep back in somewhere else no matter what sub-forum you take down, it could get even worse. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Rocket Builders was originally split off from Craft Exchange for this very reason. Clearly, it didn't work.

[quote name='Vanamonde']Neither of those will be affected. Those totals are kept separately, even if the posts themselves are deleted.

You have that impression because we delete and infract the worst of it.

Rocket Builders was originally split off from Craft Exchange for this very reason. Clearly, it didn't work.[/QUOTE]

However we experiance and see these events happen. Again, this happens on all of the other areas of the forums. You can't single the RB forum alone for their fair share of mistakes. Every forum is guilty by your logic, there should be like 3 forums in total if you apply that kind of thinking. Your just choosing to target one.

It DID work. Your just looking at the dirt, look at the miracles that have been made in the sky. This IS Kerbal SPACE program.

[quote name='Vanamonde']Neither of those will be affected. Those totals are kept separately, even if the posts themselves are deleted. [/QUOTE]

Not to be mean, but...
He was talking about his development as a member of the forums.

Once rocket builders is dead, where will we post say major packs of craft? I see no reason i should delete AKSTechnologies (and i dont even really treat it as a company, just use it as well, unique name and a place to store all my craft files in one easy spot for people to download?).

Will we just need to open a new thread say in the more generic spacecraft exchange thread instead of rocket builders? Or is anything company related (even if like me and many others its nothing more then a picture and a name) going to be 100% off limits?

Im not for or against this change as i personally dont care, but im not a major fan of removing rocket builders forum, there are so many people on there that use that spot to keep their massed craft repositories, and thats gonna be alot of craft lost (especially teh old ones people nolonger update). Perhaps we could have those in at least some archive format so people can still browse but not actually edit or create threads. Let us keep the old data, but if this RP thing is such a problem, then fine, delete rocket builders, just dont kill all that data please.

Finally, i know this is a sensitive subject, but may i ask exactly what happened on here (dont need details, just overall description) to make you guys hate RP in general so much? Ive never seen any racism, hatered of people, or other general bad behavior on here. honestly i find troll threads way more annoying then any RP (which myself i see no harm in).

[quote name='Sanic']Not to be mean, but...
He was talking about his development as a member of the forums.[/QUOTE]

Specifically what those posts were, and where they were made. It isn't the number that matters, it's how he made them. The time and the energy he spent into making every single one. The rep was just a reward for good typing and skill.

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Vanamonde']He cited his rep and post count. Neither of which will be affected.[/QUOTE]

Amongst other things.

[quote name='panzer1b']Once rocket builders is dead, where will we post say major packs of craft? I see no reason i should delete AKSTechnologies (and i dont even really treat it as a company, just use it as well, unique name and a place to store all my craft files in one easy spot for people to download?).

Will we just need to open a new thread say in the more generic spacecraft exchange thread instead of rocket builders? Or is anything company related (even if like me and many others its nothing more then a picture and a name) going to be 100% off limits?

Im not for or against this change as i personally dont care, but im not a major fan of removing rocket builders forum, there are so many people on there that use that spot to keep their massed craft repositories, and thats gonna be alot of craft lost (especially teh old ones people nolonger update). Perhaps we could have those in at least some archive format so people can still browse but not actually edit or create threads. Let us keep the old data, but if this RP thing is such a problem, then fine, delete rocket builders, just dont kill all that data please.

Finally, i know this is a sensitive subject, but may i ask exactly what happened on here (dont need details, just overall description) to make you guys hate RP in general so much? Ive never seen any racism, hatered of people, or other general bad behavior on here. honestly i find troll threads way more annoying then any RP (which myself i see no harm in).[/QUOTE]

RP threads are just hard to manage and lead to too much debates and issues so they're off limits before and issue can exist. However in th case of the RB section, we usually call someone out if they take their company too seriously in the RP aspect. We ARE a community and want all to succeed. I know I've called out several companies in that respect.

I would prefer to keep the RB section entirely but at least archive it if nothing else.

Wow. I'm honestly shocked.

The new forums software doesn't really look "new" to me, just kinda. Meh. If you guys could throw some styling into it (maybe like kerbalspaceprogram.com style?) that would be awesome.

Sorry to add more to the dead horse conversation, but the rocket builders being left behind in the upgrade does make me very sad. I joined the forum just to join Zokesia. And after I sprung into KSP I started my own medium company with a friend, and it was fun. It was an awesome way to play the game, and it made me feel really...special. I felt special having my craft name and username on the Zokesia page. I felt special being the co-leader of a company. I felt special when our thread passed 100 pages. And now all of that is getting taken away. Just...gone.

I will likely transfer the craft to a spacecraft exchange thread. I do have a question though.

How would you feel about private companies? The forum thread would SOLELY be the craft, but we would continue the company aspect of things elsewhere, and then just post the finished craft here? Would that be ok?

That way we can keep our companies running, even if they're on a separate forum or even just run through a google document or something like that. We could make it work. I just loved the collaboration with other people in the development of a craft.

So, anyone think this could work? Would it be allowed?

I've never posted in the Rocket Builders section, probably never will even if it were to be kept, hardly ever even go there, but to be perfectly honest I don't like what's being done to it, against the wishes of a lot of the people who use it. Unfortunately the number of sufficiently-dedicated users is probably too small for them to start their own forum and have a hope of its remaining active; not only is that community being dismantled, the records of it are (for the most part) being wiped as well.

I understand why this is being done, even if I don't agree with it--what I don't understand is what's wrong with leaving the section accessible to everyone as a locked archive. I can't see what possible harm could come of that, and yet repeated requests for exactly that have so far been ignored.

[quote name='Endersmens']Wow. I'm honestly shocked.

The new forums software doesn't really look "new" to me, just kinda. Meh. If you guys could throw some styling into it (maybe like kerbalspaceprogram.com style?) that would be awesome.

Sorry to add more to the dead horse conversation, but the rocket builders being left behind in the upgrade does make me very sad. I joined the forum just to join Zokesia. And after I sprung into KSP I started my own medium company with a friend, and it was fun. It was an awesome way to play the game, and it made me feel really...special. I felt special having my craft name and username on the Zokesia page. I felt special being the co-leader of a company. I felt special when our thread passed 100 pages. And now all of that is getting taken away. Just...gone. [/QUOTE]

You described my feelings in that perfectly 35/10.

[quote name='Hotaru']What I don't understand is what's wrong with leaving the section accessible to everyone as a locked archive. I can't see what possible harm could come of that, and yet repeated requests for exactly that have so far been ignored.[/QUOTE]

This entire thread, all 19 pages of it so far, has existed for less than 6 hours. Maybe, just maybe, they're going to spend some time *thinking* about what's been said before responding?

[quote name='Hotaru']I've never posted in the Rocket Builders section, probably never will even if it were to be kept, hardly ever even go there, but to be perfectly honest I don't like what's being done to it, against the wishes of a lot of the people who use it. Unfortunately the number of sufficiently-dedicated users is probably too small for them to start their own forum and have a hope of its remaining active; not only is that community being dismantled, the records of it are (for the most part) being wiped as well.

I understand why this is being done, even if I don't agree with it--what I don't understand is what's wrong with leaving the section accessible to everyone as a locked archive. I can't see what possible harm could come of that, and yet repeated requests for exactly that have so far been ignored.[/QUOTE]

Biggest issue is that it's several years of hard work being removed. What will most of the BIGGEST members of the community (and check that, I know at least 5 extremely highly repped members who started in the RB section) move onto? The RB carried a lot of their dedication and hard work. Great way to repay their dedication to the community.

[quote name='Damien_The_Unbeliever']This entire thread, all 19 pages of it so far, has existed for less than 6 hours. Maybe, just maybe, they're going to spend some time *thinking* about what's been said before responding?[/QUOTE]

*covers mouth and mumbles a response to that*

[quote name='Damien_The_Unbeliever']This entire thread, all 19 pages of it so far, has existed for less than 6 hours. Maybe, just maybe, they're going to spend some time *thinking* about what's been said before responding?[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right.

[quote name='Svm420']Honestly reading more of this thread I see now how some take it way [B]TOO[/B] seriously, and where that would create problems. WOW :confused:[/QUOTE]

I mean no offense here, it's just an observation which may be wrong, but you just joined in January. Some members, like myself have been here for over a year, almost 2, and we have dedicated hard work into making something in this community, specifically our companies. It's just some of us have a part of ourselves put into making this community what it is, and all that work will be gone. As Zekes put it, *poof* .

[quote name='KasperVld']That said, you should back up your own content if at all possible now, because there might be a small wait time for recovered content after the fact.[/QUOTE]

Is there a suggested method for doing this? I was planning on dumping an entire thread in the "printable version" view, and possibly grab source for one or two of the more complicated posts. But that doesn't scale well. :)

[quote name='KasperVld']Rocket Builders is a place that actually breaks our community rules constantly, in particular the 'thou shallt not roleplay' rule. [/QUOTE]

Your rule isn't constructive and people have fun in RB. Your reason is bologna.

IMHO:

[RANT]
The removal of the Rocket Builders subforum feels like a heartless action. Let's take ZooNamedGames for an example. His company, KMC was the first company I ever explored. Rreading a backround of himself, well, it goes without saying.

Moderators, consider this situation. You are a person struggling with depression. Nobody, except for a small forum in a forum can be your input, to remove the sadness. Over the course of five or so years, and you're beginning to feel, relieved. And then POOF. It's all gone. All you built up, gone.

Please, the RB sub forum was and still is the humble section everyone had a laugh with! As I browsed the backgrounds and depths of it, the more thoughts of happiness I saw. Yes, arguements existed, but they were few and far.

Dont do this, I and the Rocket Builders subforum plead with you.

[/RANT]

-SPAddict Edited by SpaceplaneAddict