[1.9.1] SLS Part Pack Basic Version - Small update: specular parts & preview of the new Main Core

Sobol

There is definitly a problem with the drag cube. There is a little bit of drag, but not enough to slow down the craft for a landing. Even in low atmosphere the Craft is flying with nerarly orbital speed, making it impossible to release the chutes.

If i activate the "Replace Drag Cubes With Sherical Model" in the cheat menue (ALT F12) under Physics, Drag, the craft is slowing down, and everything is fine.

Besides of that, very nice mod. :)

EDIT: Tested around a little bit. The problem is caused by the heatshield. Without the heatshield everything is going well. When i activate the Sherical Model in the cheat menue the capsule is loosing drag now.

Edited by Kampfsanni

12 hours ago, Astronomicalcat said:

Can't seem to figure out how to deploy the parachutes. They aren't in the staging in VAB, and there is no option in the right-click menu. Using KSP version 1.2.1

Besides of the buggy heatshield everything seems to work fine.

Is everything installed properly, is it the right version of the mod? 

Download the mod again and then try a reinstall, somethimes this resolves the problems.

• 1 month later...
54 minutes ago, Sobol said:

ORION currently has dimensions of 2.5m x 1.25m. I also think that the main tank will have a dimension of 3.75m

I think that the capsule should be 3.125 (or 3.75) and the main tank 5m

Edited by NeoFatalis

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Jasseji said:

I

Was

Looking

for This

for a month...

Great Mod ! :D

Just a quick question, can the Stock Scale version be upscaled to say 5m instead of 3.75 ?

Maybe a TweakScale patch anyone ? would really love to switch to this instead of SpaceY but the "Realistic" version doesnt fit together with stock parts :wink:

@Sobol I've Stumbled over a few bugs in the Stock Scale version.

First off the Resource amounts in PyriosTank.cfg is defined incorrectly (switched LF for OX):

RESOURCE
	{
		name = Oxidizer
		amount = 6480
		maxAmount = 6480
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = LiquidFuel
		amount = 7920
		maxAmount = 7920
	}

The ratio numbers are correct but it should be:

RESOURCE
	{
		name = Oxidizer
		amount = 7920
		maxAmount = 7920
	}
	RESOURCE
	{
		name = LiquidFuel
		amount = 6480
		maxAmount = 6480
	}

Second in Engine RL10C2.cfg there is a completely weird fuel consumption definition:

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = LiquidFuel
			ratio = 130
			DrawGauge = True
		}
		PROPELLANT
		{
			name = Oxidizer
			ratio = 1
		}

either the Ox Ratio should be around 144 if you want to keep LF at 130 or it should be the same as for the RL-10B2 Engine in RL10.cfg:

PROPELLANT
		{
			name = LiquidFuel
			ratio = 0.9
			DrawGauge = True
		}
		PROPELLANT
		{
			name = Oxidizer
			ratio = 1.1
		}

Oh, i understand the RL10C2 fuel consumption now, the 130:1 ratio is OK but the LOX amount is wrong in LOXEUS.cfg:

RESOURCE
    {
        name = Oxidizer
        amount = 5500
        maxAmount = 5000
    }

When changed to amount = 500, finally the rocket starts behaving as should and can lift 80t to LKO :wink: (80t is Kerbalscaled from 130t) but still there is too much Oxidiser left, i will play around with the values but more or less fine now

Edited by Jasseji

• 4 weeks later...

Hey. Hello after my long absence. Unfortunately, I will not be able to work on this modification with such intensity. Are there people willing to help with the further development of this mods?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Sobol nice mod but can you, when you have time update the stock version to be a little bigger... for example the 3.75 m tanks to be 5 m and the orion pod to be 3. 75 or make the hole mod compatible with tweakScale?

Thanks!

@raptor30 I don't know if I will continue to develop the Stock Version. For now I'm back to work with KSP. I installed UNITY again, so all my progress has been saved. Today I worked on improving the look of Orion:

eNzKFjK.jpg