[1.9.1] SLS Part Pack Basic Version - Small update: specular parts & preview of the new Main Core

Sobol

I found it difficult to make the Orion reaction control system work reliably and fuel efficient. I am posting my config here in case someone finds it useful.

Keep the RCS in the command module disabled until just before service module separation to preserve the Hydrazine for attitude control during reentry.

RCS_config.png

P.s. the setup works well in KSP but I am unsure how far it reflects reality.

• 3 weeks later...

hello to sobol and all others.

very nice mod.  i am looking forward to giving this a go.

are there any updated craft files?  I have tried going back to some previous versions and have had 'some' luck with some craft, but was wondering if there might be any updated craft files.

I just want to make sure that i have all of the great parts in the correct place.  I crash enough on my own to not have a misplaced part bring me down.

cheers and thanks again.

I've spent the last few hours creating a new RS-25 engine. I think it looks pretty good.

EeCxMuW.png?1AnSfBmX.png?1Oj2HR9y.png?1

I'm also working on improving the glossy textures for ORION MPCV

wrkpq4l.png?1

Edited by Sobol

Another small update has been added. You will find in it: improved ORION's textures, improved reflections, added decouple module to Heatshield, alternative textures of a few parts. You need a Firespitter to change textures. You can install only the plugin. A few pictures at the end:

7QQihKW.png?1my4Fb4l.pngyO9O0Gj.png

Edited by Sobol

@Sobol Looks very nice.

Unfortunately, I still have a few problems with it. I play RO/RSS with my patches but I think it's the same in stock.

1st the RCS system is still very weird with jets coming out of the LAS attachment points.

2nd I cannot board an astronaut anymore when going on EVA (the option to press B does not appear)

@Max-Q EVA has been improved and should work correctly. The problem was in the collision grid. RCS should also work correctly. Unfortunately, I don't know how they will work with RO. Unfortunately, I don't have time to check it out. If you can, check it out and share the effects. Download available in the link from the previous post and on the first page of the thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently I prepared another small update. I fixed the Orion Comand Module in it, added a new model for the RS-25 engine, added a decoupler for the Aerojet Booster and a few minor fixes.

Decoupler fixes:

Y1tmp5N.pngOACjl8E.pngKnZrQe9.png
DranAGk.pngc1jhcSZ.pnglFDZJ05.png

Engine fixes:

XgoARsh.png15VoBSf.pngZMUJUL2.pngC34TWdl.pngQxx9XQI.png

RS - 25:

OoPpGWZ.pngoG1e5EP.pnggOX5cJm.pnglSfv3xV.pngjpusJVJ.pngBdYHx4x.png

Edited by Sobol