[1.9.1] SLS Part Pack Basic Version - Small update: specular parts & preview of the new Main Core

Sobol

@Sobol thanks :wink: I'll give texture replacer a try and see the result.

I agree with you, more control over the reflection is always good. Some of your parts are a bit too much glossy, but that's just my personal opinion, and maybe you can't change it because of the way texture replacer works.

Hey Sobol-

Are you working on the Orion Command pod outer skin and the 90-degree offset IVA?  the heatshield problem?

Actually, I've found a substitute heatshield for the time being, but the offset IVA is giving me fits.

I promise I won't make a pest of myself on this.  ^_^

Thanks.

On 2. 7. 2016 at 5:18 PM, Sobol said:

@Toonu Yes, the textures are already compressed. I'm also working on reducing the number ngons on some models. I think these changes should fix most performance problems.

Thanks, your mod is very good. Exceptional for heavy-lift launch vehicles and that means a bit essentional for some of us. Textures are the biggest problem I think, because models usually don't eat much memory, are they?

Ave! Toonu

EDIT: I see you already know about this, NEVERMIND.

I batch converted them to DDS and they now take up around ~140MB. Maybe a little less even.

----

Has it already been mentioned about the size of this mod? (This is with version 1.1.2.01 by the way, stock version, the only one available on Spacedock).

Extracted total file size: 511MB

Size of entire Squad Folder: 378MB

There are Fuel Tank textures that are 16mb large.

I have no doubt that's 16mb worth of awesomeness (and from the pictures alone, the parts look to be very high quality), but...damn.

I think I might look into file compression options. My computer doesn't lack for resources, but it's the principle of the matter: your mod is 1.35x the size of the base game! :o

It goes without saying, it's your mod, your prerogative, etc etc.

eHwVLCS.png?1

Edited by Deimos Rast

On 7/10/2016 at 0:51 AM, Deimos Rast said:

I batch converted them to DDS and they now take up around ~140MB. Maybe a little less even.

Anyway you can link to those textures somewhere?  It would seriously be most appreciated because I love this mod but I'm like you - it's the principle of....oh what am I saying?  I just want to squeeze as much into my mod list as I can and these textures make up several mods worth... :D It's so damnably beautiful!

13 hours ago, rasta013 said:

Anyway you can link to those textures somewhere?  It would seriously be most appreciated because I love this mod but I'm like you - it's the principle of....oh what am I saying?  I just want to squeeze as much into my mod list as I can and these textures make up several mods worth... :D It's so damnably beautiful!

@Toonu

Yeah, here is the link. Not sure where my initial number came from, but this clocks in at ~200mb extracted (down from 500mb+). Let me know if you run into any problems, as I haven't tested it yet.
License is the original GNU GPL. I only converted the textures to dds using the DDS4KSP program. Texture size dropped form around ~3-4mb to 1.3mb or lower. Quality probably remains the same.

@Sobol If want me to kill the link, just say the word. I'm just trying to save you some work.:)

Cheers.

Edit:

Possible issue: I probably converted the Agency flags; if it causes issues, just replace the new dds files with the old ones.

Edited by Deimos Rast

3 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Possible issue: I probably converted the Agency flags; if it causes issues, just replace the new dds files with the old ones.

Thanks very much for these!

Just as a side note - the original textures for the agency flags were DDS anyway do I don't expect it's an issue.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After a long period of attempts I finally succeeded. I can quite accurately control the strength of reflection . Unfortunately, I need plenty of time , but the results are very promising . I think the next one will be updated with version 1.2.

9K3PJGH.png