[1.9.1] SLS Part Pack Basic Version - Small update: specular parts & preview of the new Main Core

Sobol

question..does the Stock Dimension Version(the version that works with every part in ksp and is sized to them) include working parachutes? cause the staging commands arent showing parachutes of any kind.

edit: and I have a bug to report..three tests, all water landings, and the capsule sinks. is there something I'm doing wrong?

Edited by RaiderMan
bug report.

Is this Mod still being updated?

Probably the best mod out there that adds modern realistic launch vehicles...

However, getting massive graphical flashing in MAP View of ghosting rocket parts.  

Not sure if this is caused by my GFX drivers another graphical mod or AA or AF settings...

Anyone else have and resolve this issue?

51 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

However, getting massive graphical flashing in MAP View of ghosting rocket parts.  

That sounds like an effect I sometimes get when Trajectories is active. Disabling Trajectories when I'm not actively using it stops the flashing for me.

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 0:59 PM, Aelfhe1m said:

That sounds like an effect I sometimes get when Trajectories is active. Disabling Trajectories when I'm not actively using it stops the flashing for me.

Hmmm,

Hadn't thought of that will have to try that out!

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Loving this mod, but having a couple problems with it. First of all, the Pyrios fuel tank doesn't seem to be properly configured for Realism Overhaul, with LOX/RP-1 ratios seemingly reversed. That's an easy fix, though, as the in-game fuel tank UI works just fine.

More pressingly, I'm having difficulties with the cargo fairings (particularly the 8.4m ones). Every time they detach, explosions happen, which isn't too healthy for my payloads. I've tried all sorts of things -- various combinations of ejection force percentages and separation motors inside the fairing -- but to no avail. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Is my payload simply too unstable?

Just now, RaiderMan said:

had a few issues where I couldnt get the core stage seperator to pull free of the insertion stage booster, ended up using the dinky little seperatron motors to manage that.

Didn't have any issues with the stack separation, but I tried using those for the fairings and couldn't get it to work after several hours (I ended up giving up and using mismatched fairings). 

seems like different experiences for different users then eh?

I would suggest swapping the stock orion ablator for one of the stock kerbal ablators, otherwise she'll do a burn in and promptly lawn dart...aka bury itself under ground. also, she will sink if you do water landings..

As other people I am having trouble with the paylaod fairing (8.4m in RO/RSS). After some experimenting I am pretty sure that the problem is not the separation but that the mesh colliders are somehow wrong.

The colliders look ok in Collide-o-Scope, but the fairings behave like they are full halfs. You can actually place things on top of the empty, laying, fairing half and it does not fall inside the fairing.

Edited by Max-Q

The latest update is available. You will find some visual fixes in it. Unfortunately I didn't have time to see if everything worked properly. Please let me know if you find any mistakes.

@seads23 Modification isn't compatible with Real Plume. This shouldn't  break the game.

Today I wrote some cfg for Realism Overhaul. Everything seems to work fine. Let's know if something does not work or should be different. Download available on the first page.