[1.9.1] SLS Part Pack Basic Version - Small update: specular parts & preview of the new Main Core

Sobol

On 5/26/2020 at 4:51 PM, Beach Boy said:

I've been trying to use craft files to create the Artemis Rocket (because building one from scratch it will invariably cause the rocket to break apart in some way on the launch pad.) However, the craft won't be constructed because it says I'm missing three parts that I don't have from the . These parts are called "ORION.COMMAND.MODULE.new5", "ParachuteCap5", and "LH2TankDCSS". I have the parts that these file names indicate, but since they aren't these exact files, I can't load the rocket. Any advice on how to create the craft file

Did you every find a fix to this?

Any most mods from 1.8 are compatible with 1.9, including KJR.

If you want to use autostruts, make sure in your settings that advanced tweakables is on. Then, in vab or flight the right click menu will let you configure autostruts. Play around with it until you get a setup that works.

57 minutes ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Any most mods from 1.8 are compatible with 1.9, including KJR.

If you want to use autostruts, make sure in your settings that advanced tweakables is on. Then, in vab or flight the right click menu will let you configure autostruts. Play around with it until you get a setup that works.

My experience is autostruts are bad krakenizing juju. In KJR lies proper rigidity.

• 2 weeks later...

While this is a stunning mod, I'm curious why the scale of it is so big. It appears to be almost twice as big as it should be. It can't be assembled in  the hangar, and the Orion module is ridiculously large compared to other capsules.

13 hours ago, Farcaster said:

While this is a stunning mod, I'm curious why the scale of it is so big. It appears to be almost twice as big as it should be. It can't be assembled in  the hangar, and the Orion module is ridiculously large compared to other capsules.

It`s a 1:1 Rescale instead of a 1:0.64 stock. In earlier versions there was a stock-patch or a separate stock-scale-version.
You can use Hangar extender (marked at Page 1 as recommended) to build it in VAB.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i downloaded this mod for my RO/RSS game (1.8.1) and the RO configs but the orion capsule and the DCSS hydrogen tank are still stock. The orion module is not a big deal but the Hydrogen tank is important. I think i installed the RO configs properly, has any one else had this issue?  

Hi everyone. I will deal with any issues you have reported soon. Today I have some parts for you that I've been working on recently. I'm still working on parts for the Main Core. I also returned to work on the lander.

zrFmF9O.png

60kwbGa.pngOF4rJT3.png

Edited by Sobol

Spoiler

There is a "small" issue with the R4D11 - that part got no ModuleEnginesFX in it ...

I stumbled upon it because of a chain of actions that leads to 4 MM patching errors:

1. GameData\RealPlume-Stock\Space Launch System\R4D11.cfg adds a PLUME node Hypergolic-OMS-White and tries to patch the non-existing ModuleEngines*
  2. GameData\RealPlume\000_Generic_Plumes\Hypergolic-OMS-White.cfg adds the EFFECTS node Hypergolic-OMS-White
  3. GameData\RocketSoundEnhancement\Patches\Hypergolic-OMS-White.cfg fails with "Cannot parse variable search when inserting new key volume = #$/MODULE[ModuleEngines*]/maxThrust$" on 4 occasions

The patching chain assumes it's an engine, because RealPlume-Stock does @MODULE[ModuleEngines*]

But it's an RCS thruster.

btw a project this big could need a Github repo.

I open an issue on https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealPlume-StockConfigs

Edited by Gordon Dry