One feature some of my friends and myself find essential to KSP properly.

I can imagine that this has been suggested many times in the past but after skimming the first few pages on this forum section I didn't see anything about adding a stock dV display. Since dV is shown to you when you make a node and it calculates a burn, why not have it shown in the VAB/SPH while building? Yes trial and error is part of the KSP way, but spending 2 hours on a mission just to be a little dV off from being a successful mission is somewhat frustrating and off-putting.

Admittedly I have found myself shutting down and not opening it back up again until the sour taste has left my mouth. I love the mods and all, but I prefer to play stock due to overall performance feeling way more fluid. I don't expect this to get very much traction. After all like I said, this has probably been brought up in the past, I just missed out on the conversation. So please don't flame me too hard. :sticktongue:

[quote name='3viL_M0nk3y']after skimming the first few pages on this forum section I didn't see anything about adding a stock dV display[/QUOTE]

Strange, this is suggested once every few days, if not more.
Each time the majority of people agree, but it is never implemented.

[quote name='3viL_M0nk3y']WNTS... Why, because you don't want it? It's a suggestion. Take it or leave it. No reason to comment just to be snide.[/QUOTE]

No, the WNTS isn't just for stuff people don't want, rather the opposite - so many people suggest it and want it that no productive discussion comes from suggesting it, just a bunch of 'yes' posts.

Of course I want it. But as far as I know, Squad are already planning to add such a thing somewhen and if they aren't, they know full well the community wants them too, making this suggestion pointless, hence why I think it should be on the WNTS list.

[quote name='Xavven']Maxmaps hinted at its inclusion near the 1.0 release IIRC, but the feature didn't make it in. It will probably be revisited at some point, but the team seems really busy with the Unity upgrade right now.[/QUOTE]

No, he was talking about the other thing that rhymes with "shmelta vee". :P

More seriously though, he doesn't work for Squad anymore and therefore everything he said (Personal twitter or otherwise) that hasn't come true yet is now null and void as far as I am concerned.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.