How to properly complete a contract that requires outpost on wheels?

abowl

Hello,

After much effort, i finally landed an outpost on the Mun with wheels, 19 kerbal kapacity and research lab. But after all that work, and many erros, relaunching etc. i even lost an entire crew in the process. Well, finally landed the thing, on its wheels, drove it around but the contract. The contract. The contract didnt complete. It didnt accept the wheel critera. The game does not seem to understand the outpost is in fact on wheels. Anyone know what i did wrong?

Not sure what it takes, but our lawyers were able to argue for successful contract completion based on having just 2 wheels on Minimus after 2 of the landing legs locked up. This thing isn't going anywhere, but it is technically on wheels so, contract fulfilled.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/r00nZfL.png[/IMG]

That is some ......... I wanted to put legs on my outpost initiatally but figured whats the point and just land it on its wheels. But the contract didnt complete. Maybe it was because i undocked the lander before the contract completed. I wasnt paying attention. But i suspect something bugged while the game was waiting for Maintain stability for 10 seconds to complete, i undocked the lander, and that confused the game. ....

This is the outpost and lander

[url]http://imgur.com/a/ElZ49[/url] Edited by abowl

[quote name='abowl']Very funny[/QUOTE]
I asked because a lot of people when fulfilling a contract use the bare minimum parts to keep cost down so they get a bigger payout. At one time (I don't know if it is still true since Squad said they were going to add a fix), people were using landing gear wheels since they are cheap and the contract would not be marked as complete.

I also asked because I have a contract requiring wheels and was wondering if I could cut costs by using the landing gear or if I needed to use rover wheels.

That looks like it should work. (Although, it's early morning for me, and I'm probably missing some obvious thing.)

Well, one thing you can do to explain mysterious contract weirdness is to open that contract in the top right corner. It'll have a little checklist, so that you can see which criterion is not satisfied. Perhaps it needs an antenna, or a certain location, etc. If you're using external crew seats to make the minimum capacity, those seats need to be occupied.

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Fenris']was wondering if I could cut costs by using the landing gear or if I needed to use rover wheels.[/QUOTE]I like to use a combination. The landing gear ones seem to work better sometimes, while the rover wheels provide drive and just in case they satisfy the contract.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.