Dreamer - V1.3 Vertical Launch, horizontal recovery space plane! Updated for 1.05 -

artwhaley

Just a few problems I've come across:

Like others have said, it's an absurdly imbalanced mod — a fully built rocket has 8 km/s of ∆v. Far too much for LKO.

Also, the lighting and reflections seem... odd? The surfaces seem too smooth and shiny compared to stock/stockalike parts. Not a huge deal, but aesthetically out of step with the rest of the game IMO.

It also needs a better flight model in the atmosphere; as it is it flies like a mix of an Extra 300 and an F-22.

This is more a nitpick than anything else, but the older alcor IVA was much more functional and useful, if not as aesthetically appealing. Also, the navball prop doesn't work for me in the new one. :( Is there a way to bring the older IVA back?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Has anyone had issues getting the dreamer's rear docking port to dock to a standard in-game docking port?  I have tried everything I know how, but still does not attach, or even try.  Also, I am fairly skilled at docking, done it several times, so alignment or what not is not the issue.  Any ideas would be helpful(still KSP 1.0.5).

• 1 month later...

I took a brief look at the configs and it looks like you'll probably have issues with the wheels and KM_Gimbal. Last update was for 1.0.5, and the download link still works (it's in plain text format, points to curse). License is GPLv3.

Otherwise, most of this should probably work fine.

http://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/dreamer

Edited by Deimos Rast

• 2 years later...
On 6/10/2016 at 3:53 PM, Deimos Rast said:

I took a brief look at the configs and it looks like you'll probably have issues with the wheels and KM_Gimbal. Last update was for 1.0.5, and the download link still works (it's in plain text format, points to curse). License is GPLv3.

Otherwise, most of this should probably work fine.

http://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/dreamer

Does the config file for aerodynamics still work for this craft or does it flip like crazy during reentry at 33km...?

• 11 months later...

MOD ADOPTION NOTICE

Greetings.

I have asked @artwhaley for his permission to update / continue / adopt / release this wonderful mod.

I absolutely love this mod and really want others to enjoy it as well.

I am in the final stages of modernization and hopefully will release soon..

I will provide recognition of original authors/maintainers; and I will gladly step aside should they ever want to continue this mod.

Thank you kindly in advance!

Dreamer: License-GPLv3-redgplv3-88x31.png

more news when there is news.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

On 3/30/2020 at 8:41 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

MOD ADOPTION NOTICE

Greetings.

I have asked @artwhaley for his permission to update / continue / adopt / release this wonderful mod.

I will provide recognition of original authors/maintainers; and I will gladly step aside should they ever want to continue this mod.

Are you revamping the Atlas V main engines?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/30/2020 at 8:41 AM, zer0Kerbal said:

MOD ADOPTION NOTICE

Greetings.

Thank you soo much. Can't wait for release!!! 

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, Cheesecake said:

This mod is dead.

nope. half-alive. :D It is mostly alive in my Parts/ addon folder. :D

19 minutes ago, Spaceman.Spiff said:

I believe @zer0Kerbal will be updating this at some point in the nearish future. 

it is up after the full release of Pteron (which is just the engine exhaust issues) holding it back. :D

Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.