Zeke's Personal Craft Repository - Zokesia Skunkworks

zekes

[quote name='Mad Rocket Scientist']Ah, but Majorjim might.[/QUOTE]

I know for a fact my turrets require wobbling around (hitting all directions) to get them to un-stick sometimes, they go all the way around but just hitting rotate won't turn them, you have to kind of manhandle them around but they'll go 360 for sure. Just not smoothly.

[quote name='zekes']I know for a fact my turrets require wobbling around (hitting all directions) to get them to un-stick sometimes, they go all the way around but just hitting rotate won't turn them, you have to kind of manhandle them around but they'll go 360 for sure. Just not smoothly.[/QUOTE]

Only my heavy tanks require such improvised measures, same with your tanks.

Smooth rotation is possible, but we sometimes don't have enough time to smooth it out before release. We have a lot of stuff in real life.

[quote name='Mad Rocket Scientist']Ah, but Majorjim might.[/QUOTE]

Nope I don't have it.

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='zekes']I know for a fact my turrets require wobbling around (hitting all directions) to get them to un-stick sometimes, they go all the way around but just hitting rotate won't turn them, you have to kind of manhandle them around but they'll go 360 for sure. Just not smoothly.[/QUOTE]

At the very least, the no offset mod is a godsend for part reduction.

[quote name='TheCanadianVendingMachine']If you can't make a feature work properly, why have that feature in there at all?[/QUOTE]

That's a bit harsh.

[COLOR=silver][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Mad Rocket Scientist']Hey, do you have takecommand (puts kerbals in command chairs automatically) installed? I've heard that it makes hinges and bearings more wobbly.[/QUOTE]

Correct. But only if you install a kerbal in the seat.

[HR][/HR]
Yeah turrets are troublesome things. I have a stock light tank which is a bit different because kerbals can climb in & out through the turret. Was hell to get it working, and without No Offset Limits installed, utterly impossible to build. And even now the turrets sometimes get stuck. It's just the nature of KSP physics.

[imgur]AKA9o[/imgur] Edited by Azimech

[quote name='Bubbadevlin']The amount of scaffolding you can eliminate with infinite offset is amazing, you could lower those tanks to probably like 300 parts[/QUOTE]

This exactly. I have nearly halved part counts rebuilding a craft using it.

2 minutes ago, Lundmunchkins said:

Why are all of the BB codes and etc. broken?

The new forum update is the cause of it. That said judging by how Zeke raged on a thread about how people are disliking the new forum, he may or may not be back to fix it

On 11/23/2015, 1:54:23, Frozen_Heart said:

That OP layout is beautiful.

Oh, the irony.

Don't worry Zekes, I'm sure with skills like yours you can fix it in no time. Also the broken OP doesn't mean that your craft are not cool, because they are. :wink:

Edited by worir4

On 11/27/2015, 9:34:54, Majorjim said:

[quote name='Bubbadevlin']The amount of scaffolding you can eliminate with infinite offset is amazing, you could lower those tanks to probably like 300 parts

This exactly. I have nearly halved part counts rebuilding a craft using it.

Wait what? How?

Well basically think of this, every time you use a cubic octagonal strut or something to space a part out, or add shape, you could just use infinite offset and eliminate that part. To be honest it is not that useful for stuff like planes and rockets, but it is INCREDIBLY useful whenever you are making bearings, custom shapes (like tanks) or other random stuff. I know my walker would be like 1500 parts without it....

Just now, Bubbadevlin said:

Well basically think of this, every time you use a cubic octagonal strut or something to space a part out, or add shape, you could just use infinite offset and eliminate that part. To be honest it is not that useful for stuff like planes and rockets, but it is INCREDIBLY useful whenever you are making bearings, custom shapes (like tanks) or other random stuff. I know my walker would be like 1500 parts without it....

This is correct. However, I have found it incredibly useful for both rockets and aircraft. It is useful for every single one of my builds. I am in the process of remaking every old craft using the mod. I can reduce the part count by at least 120 parts (the fewest I have saved on a build).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.