[KSP 1.0.5][Beta 1.0] Kerbal Tubes

Sticky32

Kerbal Tubes
Beta 1.3.2
Updated for KSP v1.3.0
Updated for CKAN

Mod Description:
A small parts pack that adds stock-alike, hollow structural parts to the game, designed to be EVA'd through or for storing things. First person EVA is now possible by right clicking on a kerbal while they are on EVA and selecting "activate camera". [Plugin created entirely by Dorian Kerman]

Mod Download

Now hosted by SpaceDock, formerly found exclusively on KerbalStuff: By far the best KSP mod hosting site up until its sudden demise. Thank you SirCmpwn for all the hard work and dedication you put into the site, it will be missed by all. It is a shame how many truly deserved thank you's go unsaid.

Screenshots:

Image of First-Kerbal-View in 1.3:

hSMsUYn.png

Image of texture changes in 1.2.1:

http://i.imgur.com/4hMCYgj.png

Gifs of changes in 1.2:

https://gfycat.com/GiddyFaroffGiraffe

https://gfycat.com/DecimalBrownCoot

The Full Album of initial 1.0 release:
http://imgur.com/a/9hlX6

A Few Highlights From The Album:
WdG7Chh.png

3m2hlOW.png

lGkJpik.png

Mod Download:

Parts Included:
Hollow Hub-Max Hex-Adapter [1.25m and 2.5m]
Structural Capola [1.25m and 2.5m]
Structural Viewselage [1.25m and 2.5m]
Structural Adapter [1.25m to 2.5m]

Docking Iris Sr. [2.5m]

Docking Iris Max [3.75m]

Features Included:

First person EVA is now possible by right clicking on a kerbal while they are on EVA and selecting "activate camera". [Plugin created entirely by Dorian Kerman]

Unfortunately first person view hasn't been working since 1.0.5. Please install Hullcam vds if you would like to use first person view.

[More to come...]

Planned Features:
Docking Door [1.25m and 2.5m]: Docking port with a hatch that opens up to allow kerbals through.
Crew Hatch: Radially attached crew hatch.
Storage Bay[1.25m and 2.5m]: Inline storage bay with toggle-able doors
Adapters: 1.25m to mk.2, 2.5m to mk.3, and mk.3 to 3.75
[Other things likely to come as well, open to suggestions.]

License:
MIT

Changelog:

Beta 1.0:
Corrected directory
Solved lamina faces along window borders
Fixed glass texture on structural viewselage
Fixed attachment node placements
Changed texture format to .dds
General rebalancing of masses and prices
Added larger versions of the hollow hub-max, capola, viewselage(with twice as many windows)
Added a 1.25m to 2.5m hollow adapter with windows
Several other minor tweaks

Beta 1.2:

Added the Docking Iris Sr

Numerous other small fixes

Beta 1.2.1:

Improved Docking Iris Colliders [significantly reduced poly count, fixed clipping issue]

Improved Docking Iris Textures [removed flat grey textures]

Re-balanced most part unlocks [pushed most towards end of tech tree; when they become viable]

Added I.R.E. Agency

Beta 1.3:

Added first person camera to kerbals on EVA(right-click kerbal to activate) [Plug-in by Dorian Kerman]

Beta 1.3.1:

Fixed "C" hotkey to actually switch to first-person

Removed duplicate right click action menus when HullcamVDS was installed

[All fixes by DORIAN KERMAN]

{Please note this is for 1.0.5, everything but the first-person camera works in 1.1}

Beta 1.3.2:

Added the Docking Iris Max; a 3.75m docking iris with twice as many blades as its smaller counterpart and a thinner frame to allow 2.5m crafts to squeeze through.

Feedback and suggestions welcome!
Post any bug reports or other topics relating to this mod here.

I apologize for the massive break in development, life got in the way and I lost interest in ksp when I least expected to.

I would like to continue this project, and I do still play ksp from time to time, so don't abandon hope yet ;).

Edited by Sticky32

The Kerbal Stuff link you supplied leads to an error page that says "Unauthorized The sever could not verify that you authorized to access the URL requested." Could just be a server hiccup, but you might want to check it out.

And I can't find it in CKAN. Yes, I refreshed the list.

Looking forward to downloading these. They look fantastic![h=1][/h]

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Love the mods, great addition!

One question is it possible to enter a tube from inside e.g.: I hook it up to a part where the exit hatch is, and go on an EVE? I tried it but after I exit the Kerbal glitches out of the tube...

• 1 month later...

This is an awesome mod.  Just worked our what the iris was.  Too cool!  Can I suggest a exit hatch/airlock  similar to KPBS with an internal and windows to see the kerbal waiting inside to exit? Possibly using the JSI transparent windows...

Peace.

• 1 month later...

Fantastic concept. I was looking forward to using these on my space stations but I guess our kerbonauts still can't access the interior without leaving a gaping hole somewhere for them to float through.

Any news on doors, airlocks etc? I can't wait!

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2016 at 4:35 PM, Spoonifer said:

Any news on doors, airlocks etc? I can't wait!

I have started working on an airlock but ran into a few snags getting it to function[it won't even show up in-game], I also don't like the look I went with and am going to have to remodel it before release. And sorry but this mod is currently on hold until classes end and I have some free time to work on it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2016 at 2:30 PM, RocketSquid said:

Is beta 1.3 a 1.1 release?

On 4/25/2016 at 10:13 PM, Steel Dragon said:

Has anyone tried it on 1.1? also Love the mod makes my stations pretty

I just tried it in 1.1, the parts work just fine of course, it's just the first person camera that doesn't currently work. So if you don't mind not having a first person camera for awhile but still want the parts go ahead and download it.

4 minutes ago, Sticky32 said:

I just tried it in 1.1, the parts work just fine of course, it's just the first person camera that doesn't currently work. So if you don't mind not having a first person camera for awhile but still want the parts go ahead and download it.

I realized shortly after posting that there would be no logical reason for it to not work, so I downloaded it. Still awesome, and I realized that the larger viewselage and the docking iris allowed me to make hangars for 1.25m ships. Then I decided to make 1.25m and 3.75m versions by making rescaled copies of the cfg. Let's hope they work.

6 hours ago, RocketSquid said:

I realized shortly after posting that there would be no logical reason for it to not work, so I downloaded it. Still awesome, and I realized that the larger viewselage and the docking iris allowed me to make hangars for 1.25m ships. Then I decided to make 1.25m and 3.75m versions by making rescaled copies of the cfg. Let's hope they work.

Let me know how the 1.25m docking iris goes, I feel like it would be too small for a kerbal to walk through, perhaps they could EVA up through it head first though. I was planning to make a different style docking port for 1.25m, probably one with 3 or 4 doors that open inwards so that the interior would be larger.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.