Kerbfleet: A Jool Odyssey-CHAPTER 21 pg 14--Under New Management

Mister Dilsby

Here we go!

Read all of the Prelude (Also Sprach Jebediah) and Chapter One here.

Read all of Chapter Two (A Capital Idea) here.

Read all of Chapter Three (Of Moons and Madness!) here.

Read the whole Plan Kappa Crossoverlude here

Read Interlude Indigo here

Read Bill's Engineering Updates here (a semi-canonical, 4th wall busting log of the ship design/development process)

Read all of Chapter Four (Intrepid Away!) here.

Read all of Chapter Five (Flight Operations) here.

Read all of Chapter Six (Rising Up) here.

Read all of Chapter Seven (Tanks, and Farewell) here.

Read the Evil Interlude "Military Intelligence" here.

Read all of Chapter Eight (Inside, Out) here.

Read all of Chapter Nine (Collision Course) here.

Read the komplett Zwischenspiel hier. This important interlude about "the year before Year Zero" began with this post.

Read all of Chapter Ten (Jool At Last!) here.

Chapter 11 began with this post. Read all of Chapter Eleven (Going In, and Going Down) here.

Chapter 12 began with this post. Read all of Chapter Twelve (One Moon At A Time) here.

The Interlude "A Cowardly Capture" appeared in this post.

Chapter 13 began with this post. Read all of Chapter Thirteen (All These Worlds Are Yours) here.

Chapter 14 began with this post. Read all of Chapter Fourteen (Veni, Vidi, Vale) here.

Chapter 15 began with this post. Read all of Chapter Fifteen ("Til You Drop) here.

The Interlude "Endgame Studies" began with this post.

Chapter 16 began with this post. Read all of Chapter Sixteen (Now I Lay Thee Down) here.

Chapter 17 began with this post. Read all of Chapter Seventeen (Cracks in the Mirror) here.

Chapter 18 began with this post. Read all of Chapter Eighteen (Action Stations!) here.

Chapter 19 began with this post. Read all of Chapter Nineteen (Their Finest Hour) here.

The Interlude "(zero) gee club" appeared in this post.

Chapter 20 began with this post. Read what there is of Chapter Twenty (Endgame, Part One) here.

Qr15yJl.png

aJItPDB.png

34xSfEu.png

KlGy6Pf.png

pNccPwE.png

PwIIntA.png

So, rather than make everyone wait for me to test all the ships and get everything right, I figured I'd take you along for the R&D ride. Hope you enjoy!

Edited by Mister Dilsby

I had to stop and put on the appropriate music to go with those first five panels. :)

I think this will be very interesting. And probably a tonne of fun, too, if I know Kuzzter.

And, I almost forgot - Thanks Kuzzter!

Happy Concerned landings!

Edited by Starhawk

Oh hey, new Kuzzter comic! :D *now actually reads the comic pages*

[COLOR=silver][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Trios']I CAN'T WAIT.

No, really. Post the entire book.

Now.[/QUOTE]

Lol you.

Edit: Love the 'BILL Space Program' flag on the simulation ship. Edited by smjjames

[quote name='astrokerb']This seems like it will be interesting. How many of Jool's moons do you intend to explore? Will the Kerbulans be there?[/QUOTE]
(1) All of them, of course. (2) Kerbulans? [URL="http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ChekhovsGun"]What Kerbulans[/URL]?

[quote name='Trios']No, really. Post the entire book.
Now.[/QUOTE]
Well, it'll probably be about 500 pages. Tell you what--send me all the rep in advance, and I'll consider it :)

[quote name='smjjames']Edit: Love the 'BILL Space Program' flag on the simulation ship.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I wanted to make it more visible early on to reward the sharp-eyed, but unfortunately that ship design doesn't give a lot of clear lines of sight to the flag. :)

Will the Kerbulans be there?

That's a good question!

From what we know, the Kerbulans are not explorers. They don't even have names for the other planets. Also, in the last interlude Kenlie Kermulan was sent to 'the purple planet', but it was mentioned that the craft was a prototype long-range attack ship. It was also mentioned that Kenlie will not have enough fuel to get back to Kerbulus after arriving at Eve.

So, it seems unlikely at this point.

eta: Unless you're actually paying attention to Kuzzter. And he already ninja'd my attempted fake-out.

On another topic, now that I've had a couple of minutes to peruse the panels more closely... That's one fine-looking lander! Bill is outdoing himself.

Edited by Starhawk

[quote name='Noname117']And there goes all hope of Dres love.

Anyways, I am looking forward to the new series, and I definitely think this is going to be good.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SpaceplaneAddict']No Dres? Aww[/QUOTE]

There could still be a Dres flyby, maybe for fuel or something.

[quote name='Starhawk']I had to stop and put on the appropriate music to go with those first five panels. :)[/quote]

One of the things I was doing with my spare time in my recent absence from KSP was learning to play the English concertina. I can vouch for the accuracy of Kuzzter's score because I was playing it while reading the comic ;).

Thaniks, Kuz, for the sheet music. I'd have never thought to play that otherwise. Although I think the kettledrum part sould be a few octaves lower :).

[quote name='Noname117']And there goes all hope of Dres love.

Anyways, I am looking forward to the new series, and I definitely think this is going to be good.[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling he'll send the B-Team there.

[B][SIZE=7]HMMMMMMMM.[/SIZE]

[/B]So we've got a warrior society, the Zarathustra reference in the title for the first chapter, Jeb crashing a ship like he seems to so often...

BRB, busting out some Nietzsche to figure out future plot twists :P

[quote name='Noname117']Anyways, I am looking forward to the new series, and I definitely think this is going to be good.[/QUOTE]
Thanks! I've been looking forward to Jool for a a while, I've never really explored it even in previous game versions--it was always Mun/Minmus, then Duna, then Eve, then new version and start over :)

[quote name='Starhawk']On another topic, now that I've had a couple of minutes to peruse the panels more closely... That's one fine-looking lander! Bill is outdoing himself.[/QUOTE]
Thank you! I've actually managed to land it, though the drill didn't engage-- it might be mounted too low. We'll see if Bill or Wernher can puzzle their way out of it for me.

[quote name='CAKE99']Will you be doing the Jool5 challenge?[/QUOTE]
Yes, but I am going to fit the mission to my preferences and let the chips fall where they may, rather than try to follow any specific set of challenge rules.

[quote name='Dman979']I'm loving it Kuzzter. It's really cool to see the story arc change from "For Science!" to "For [s]Science[/s] Funds!" to "For [s]Science[/s] [s]Funds[/s] ???"[/QUOTE]
Thanks! That's an important theme for me Dman; I see people ask on the forum all the time "I've 'beaten the game' and unlocked everything. What do I do next?" This comic is my way of answering that question :)

[quote name='Geschosskopf']One of the things I was doing with my spare time in my recent absence from KSP was learning to play the English concertina. I can vouch for the accuracy of Kuzzter's score because I was playing it while reading the comic ;).

Thaniks, Kuz, for the sheet music. I'd have never thought to play that otherwise. Although I think the kettledrum part sould be a few octaves lower :).[/QUOTE]
That is epic! Yeah, you're right--the notes are that high because (1) I cribbed it from a piano arrangement, not the orchestral score and (2) if I'd put them an octave lower I'd have run out of room on the page :)

[quote name='Sanic']I have a feeling he'll send the B-Team there.[/QUOTE]
Hmmm... actually, that could be quite fitting. We'll see :)

One of the things I was doing with my spare time in my recent absence from KSP was learning to play the English concertina. I can vouch for the accuracy of Kuzzter's score because I was playing it while reading the comic ;).

It's great to see you back!

I had wondered what you'd been up to. Nice to know you're putting your time to good use. :)

Edited by Starhawk

[quote name='Kuzzter']That is epic! Yeah, you're right--the notes are that high because (1) I cribbed it from a piano arrangement, not the orchestral score and (2) if I'd put them an octave lower I'd have run out of room on the page :)[/quote]

That's why Gawd invented the bass clef :). Either way, it's way out my instruments tenor range, though.

[quote name='Starhawk']It's great to see you back!
I had wondered what you'd been up to. Nice to know you're putting your time to good use. :)[/QUOTE]

Well, thanks. See, when you're the most interesting man in the world, you have to continue to do new and interesting things :).

[quote name='Endersmens']I also read along to the music, I love playing that song as loud as I can. (Well, when it's supposed to be loud anyways)[/QUOTE]

Except where there are volume cues written in the score :).